This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AK utg vs LAG BU 150bb

• AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50)
      BB ($85.50)
      Hero ($76.80)
      UTG+1 ($36)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($146)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:diamond:

Villain has 14,1% 3bet vs utg 13% (vs mp aswell, vs bu 19%)
      In late he is calling 13% and raising 16%

Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BTN raises to $5.25, fold, fold, [color=red]Hero raises to $11.50, BTN raises to $17.75,

Hero ?
      This spot is a bit weird, if we have a look at his stats there should be only 6combinations of AA,KK (0.5%) and a significant number of 5bet bluffs (altough i dont know if he even knows 5bet bluff but according to his stats he should)

now is there a better way to play this hand than 4bet/shove ?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you´re going to 4-bet I like shoving than folding
      Also you can just call pf and play postflop if you don´t want to get all-in AK pf where you´re likely not never gonna be ahead unless player is some kind of maniac
    • AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      there are many spots where i like to 4bet fold a hand like AQ cause of its many removals and its relatively poor equity against villains broke range.

Usually AK is too strong for a 4bet fold, given the circumstances that i was utg and we had 150bb this mikght be a spot where it can be the best play. However not with a 4bet as small as the one i did, probably something like 12.75 would have made it impossible for him to 5bet bluff efficiently