[NL2-NL10] KK NL10 - AAx flop

• Renmerb
      Hi, how should I be continuing on the flop?
      Not real happy with my bet/fold line, is my hand too strong for this?
      I think I have to put MP3 on Ax or 88. His stats indicate that he is not really aggressive, doesn't go to showdown too often, and tends to win when he does.
      Could I, or should I, play check/call or check/fold here? Feel I can get value from lower pocket pairs.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , K:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.60, MP3 calls $1.20, SB calls $1.20.

Flop: ($4.80) 8:spade: , A:diamond: , A:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, MP3 raises to $9.19 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $16.99
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If you get any value from worse pocket pairs it'll be easier on later streets. Since I don't believe MP3 will ever bet a worse hand when checked to 3-way on AA8, i'm fine just check/folding that flop to him. If he checks behind and SB doesn't donk out on the turn, chances are we're good and we can throw in a valuebet against 8x/99-QQ stuff.

As played when you bet, shoving is a dumb line from MP3 no matter what he has, but given his stats unless you've been pounding on him a lot, he's more likely to just have Ax than to be spazzing out with a worse hand 3-way on that board. I'm also folding barring a read that he's pissed enough to go against his tight instincts and shove there a worse pocket pair screaming "I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE Ax GO AWAY".

Hope it helps.