discussion on blackmember

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      now we all know that Sir TwiceT has achieved as being the 1st blackmember in our english community. congrats.
      now, i came up with a couple questions that i have regarding black member:

who do you think is going to be the 2nd black member of the english community? any nominations/self-declarations are welcome.

what is the record for the "fastest person to achieve blackmember status" (that you know of)? and how did he achieve it e.g. playing NL400 24tables?

lastly, what is your plan on achieving blackmember? how long do you aim to achieve it?
  • 74 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Grailer
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Since NightFrostaSS' reply pretty much ended any speculations (thanks man), I would just say that there will be a second English Black Member pretty soon ;)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      Since NightFrostaSS' reply pretty much ended any speculations (thanks man), I would just say that there will be a second English Black Member pretty soon ;)
      lol? :f_confused: :f_confused: :f_confused: :f_confused:

trying to start a SERIOUS discussion here. :f_mad:
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      My goal would be to reach black member in less than 3 years. :)
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      lastly, what is your plan on achieving blackmember? how long do you aim to achieve it?
      forcing urself to play more and more just to achieve bm status is beyond terrible.

not to de-value the acihievement of TT, but the black member status worth almost nothing and it is a pure marketing move from pokerstrategy to motivate other ppl to play more and more so they generate more revenue for them. of crouse once you achieve the status you are eligible to attend the bm party as a vip (u've raking more than 150k after wall), have a 5 star hotel accommodation, a nice dinner and etc, but if you stop raking at least approximately 5-10k a month you are no longer eligible for this stuff on the next parties.

clearly the highest black members (the one who earn most PS points) are -EV for PS. They surely have very good rakeback/cashback deals and considering that this money is deducted from the payment of the poker room to PS and when we put in consideration the 10k first prize do the math yourself.

the bm party is greatly -ev moneywize for PS as well, but as long term marketing strategy it is brilliant.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i think the easiest way to become a balck member without laying insane limits is to 8 tables rush poker (4nl200,4nl100). you will produce like 3K points per day maybe more
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i think your #1 goal should be to realize that getting bm status gives you like 2k$ of value in hotels parties etc per year, while you'd have to rake such an insane amount of money that it's as good as irrelevant wether or not you get bm.

having a goal of becomming bm instead of trying to win money is so very very stupid
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by ihufa
      i think your #1 goal should be to realize that getting bm status gives you like 2k$ of value in hotels parties etc per year, while you'd have to rake such an insane amount of money that it's as good as irrelevant wether or not you get bm.

having a goal of becomming bm instead of trying to win money is so very very stupid
      this is probably the first time you are saying something constructive. i might change my opinion that you are total degen trolling ps and 2p2 forums :f_p:
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21

this is probably the first time you are saying something constructive. i might change my opinion that you are total degen trolling ps and 2p2 forums :f_p:
      He's trolling 2p2 forums as well? I think I have some reading up to do... :f_love:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      forcing urself to play more and more just to achieve bm status is beyond terrible.

not to de-value the acihievement of TT, but the black member status worth almost nothing and it is a pure marketing move from pokerstrategy to motivate other ppl to play more and more so they generate more revenue for them. of crouse once you achieve the status you are eligible to attend the bm party as a vip (u've raking more than 150k after wall), have a 5 star hotel accommodation, a nice dinner and etc, but if you stop raking at least approximately 5-10k a month you are no longer eligible for this stuff on the next parties.

clearly the highest black members (the one who earn most PS points) are -EV for PS. They surely have very good rakeback/cashback deals and considering that this money is deducted from the payment of the poker room to PS and when we put in consideration the 10k first prize do the math yourself.

the bm party is greatly -ev moneywize for PS as well, but as long term marketing strategy it is brilliant.
      cheers for your insights on blackmember status!
      i view achieving this status as a measure of success, why?
      because the probabilistic nature of poker is such that we can never be sure how much we can make. but what we can only do is to continue to make +EV decisions and hope to profit in the long run. (however "In the long run we are all dead" hence reinforcing the uncertainties in futuristic gains).
      hence, i never believe that how much one win is a measure of performance.
      how much rake one gross("blackmember measure"), effectively determines how much one plays. and my concept is that the more i play, the more successful or the more positive my net worth becomes.

lets take a sales person as an example. the sales person gets paid an fix wage of $10/hr, and gets $50 per deal close(numerical figures are arbitrary). the sales person know that he cannot decide on the outcome of whether a deal is closed or not, but what is actually within is control is how much work he does. the idea here is not to work more to earn hrs x $10/hr, but by working more and making more +EV actions at work, his expected payoff increases, and this increase in expected payoff may not be reflected from his actual returns in $ and cents. hence if he choose to judge himself by how much he earns, he may not get motivated. however if his mindset is such that he aims to work more to get into more +ve situations and thus increase his expected payoff, the returns will not matter.
      however, how can we determine our expected payoff? we know that expected payoff = +EV x input
      we can only measure input which for the sales person case, it's the hours he work, while for poker players case, it's the amount of hands he plays or rake. (ok lets not forget that like sales person who has to attend courses and lessons, poker players also need to learn through various means like watching videos and reviewing hands)
      hence having blackmember as a goal with such a mindset(and not mainly for the rakeback or blackmember incentives) is a not a wrong one to have

cheers :f_love:
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      how much rake one gross("blackmember measure"), effectively determines how much one plays. and my concept is that the more i play, the more successful or the more positive my net worth becomes.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze

He's probably drunk
    • antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      damn, i;ve just calculated it will take approx 100 years to become bm with my current volume (400 sp per month). Guess will be too old for any party lol
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      People stop trolling this thread, it was created to start a SERIOUS discussion!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold

I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      i can accept that you do not agree with my view point as it's radical enough although i hope that my reasoning was adequately comprehendible
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      i think the easiest way to become a balck member without laying insane limits is to 8 tables rush poker (4nl200,4nl100). you will produce like 3K points per day maybe more
      12 tabling FL SH 3/6 - 5/10 gave me 5k+ points a day easily. The question is whether is it worth anything...

Anyway; to the topic: there're A LOT of players here who play on non-tracked accounts and dont care about BM status ;) I sit at 280k points atm (the most of that earned within 6 months) and not going to play tracked soon for sure..

And next en BM? smidlo! (if he keeps playing)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      People stop trolling this thread, it was created to start a SERIOUS discussion!
      if you didnt meant to add in further humor, then thank you :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      i can accept that you do not agree with my view point as it's radical enough although i hope that my reasoning was adequately comprehendible
      Sorry to say that, but I agree with silent21 here... there're MANY better ways to do it and your reasoning doesnt make much sense imo