$11.56
      MP3:
      $10.14
      CO:
      $8.37
      BU (Hero):
      $10.20

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.40, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($1.15) 5, J, T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.75) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.75) J (2 players)
      BB bets $2.75, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.75.

I probably should have bet/fold the turn I guess.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      On a lot of these draw heavy boards, betting the turn and checking behind the river can be good. But I don't really like it here. Normally you can fold better hands, get value from draws, and free showdown. But this won't work so well on this board + your equity vs calling range is going to be really bad. If BB is the type to call the flop wide, and then make random bets when you check, I can see an argument for betting turn, since it will be hard to show down on a lot of river cards.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine as played.

Alternatively if you know a bit about your villain you can check back the flop and reevaluate on the turn. If you think he'd bet Jx on the turn and he doesn't you can bet yourself for value against draws/overcards/pocket pairs that don't believe you. If you think he'd only bet Jx on the turn and he does you can fold, if you think he'll bet everything on the turn you can call, and so on. Even if you don't know much about him you can check back the flop and call a bet on most turns by default. Those lines sometimes have a better freezing effect on the action since the betting occurs on the turn instead of on the flop, so you usually get more checks on the river, allowing you to see the showdown.

Hope it helps.