[NL2-NL10] KTs multi-way 3bet pot

• Bigniux
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, T.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, CO folds, BU calls $0.06, SB raises to $0.14, BB folds, Hero calls $0.08, BU calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.44) T, 5, 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BU calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.34) 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.62, Hero calls $0.62, BU calls $0.62.

River: ($3.2) K (3 players)
      SB bets $1.15, Hero calls $1.15, BU folds.

Final Pot: $5.5.
      Results follow:

SB shows two pairs, queens and fours(Q Q).
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and tens(K T).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and tens(K T).

BU is very loose and bad player VP$IP 47%, PFR 30% (44hands)
      SB is 15/7 (104 hands)

First thing i'd like to say is about my preflop call. I'm almost always folding KTs in this situation, but this time i made an exception, because i had position against SB(BU was reraising with strong hands, so i was ok about him in hand) and 3,5 to 1 odds to call.
      I put SB on JJ+/AQ+
      Flop is fine, i hit TP so i'm ahead if he's only cbetting.
      On turn his range shortens to JJ+, but i hit my flush card and i'm offerred 3,2 to 1 odds, so there is no question about calling (12 outs:2 tens, 8 clubs(one might improve him to full house, so i don't count it) and 2 kings(i don't count one king for times when he's with KK) so without counting few outs i'm still getting correct odds to call and i have bad player behind, implied odds are really good.
      Allright, so here's the river, AA and KK beats me, but i called, because he pushed very fast, he wasn't thinking and this made me believe i'm ahead, cause if he had hit he would take at least few seconds to think how to extract the most money(he was commited, but most of the time it doesn't change a thing). And also, the odds 3,8 to 1, i need to be ahead ~22% of the time to break even.
      EDIT: no draw cards came, only scare card, so i think it is an easy push for JJ/QQ. Also, on turn i would have folded if none good cards came, river also.
      So, except my preflop play, any thoughts on my play and thinking process? :)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I like it, since it looks like you would have had no problem folding TP2K on the turn unimproved, which is where most people go wrong when they're obviously up against a range of overpairs/sets.

On the river I don't really think we can fold, there is no way to know that guy doesn't shove there with JJ-QQ and folding against those hands with the fish behind us (he's basically a dead money machine ^_^) would be a way bigger mistake than simply paying off the last few bb's when everybody looks committed.

Hope it helps.