The psychological factors

• Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      Or in other words, how can you cope with the pressure, boredom, how do you manage to concentrate 5-6 hours or longer. How do you deal with tilting? You cant go on a rampage after losing a hand, because that can cause you to flush all the other tournaments right down the drain.
      Do you listen to music? talk with another poker player on skype or just sit in the dark meditating? What keeps you in the balance? how do you play your A-game?

So, how do YOU do it?
  • 10 replies
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      with tilting...i dont tilt much cuz i usually play 4 tables so i dont get many bad beats in a row so its kind of easy to control yourself.....but when i do i reshove raisers with hands like 52o and show them :D but i usually pick good spots for a reshove in the first place so its not too bad...its kinda an ok balance with my tight play in general
      with boredom...i rarely get bored...but when i dont pick up any hands in a while then i just analyse opponents play and try find weeknesses and when i do it feels great to exploit them cuz its a clear advantage over my opponents..
      ye i usually listen to music when i play but a lot of times it just fades into the background
      i dont talk to any other poker players except on forums...its something i should probably start....id say it can be more fun
      i dont tend to get bored and play bad cuz i have aggressive(ish) bankroll management so i cant afford it :f_p:

and i dont meditate either :P
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      I listen to music and spam Skype buddy with bad beats/suckouts :f_p:
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      @Leito99: you can start talking to other MTT players in our brand new skype group

Im triing to stay focused during a tournament session, I usually listen to music, but like Leito said- it faints into the background- Im just triing to analize my own and the opponents game during play.
      I like to talk to other poker players during a session-that could be very interesting.
      Against tilting I use my not giving a f**k method.
      As Johnatan Little said in one of his great videos- After you make your decision just move on to the next hand/ If you made a good decision you have to be happy with it, you know you win with good decisions like that in the longrun-and if you make a bad one, you can analize it after the session.
      Your focus should be on the gameflow, opponents, finding good spots to make plays- not on bad beats. Shit happens, the more quickly you can deal with it the better you play in the rest of the games.
      I drink a lot of water during a long session- also I choose a nice background for the tables that I like to look at- it somehow gives me power :D
    • xcyberkidx
      xcyberkidx
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: Yes...how 2 kill the boredom within the MTT is very important in order 2 stay calm thru out the play... :s_biggrin:

Fishing neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds patience..... :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

i surf internet lor...but seems not working...

still get bored ... :f_p:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      ever heard of redtube?
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      Dont you think that fapping while you play is slightly -EV :D
      [IMG]http://mirror.servut.us/kuvat/motivation/fapping_1.jpg[/img]
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Depends how many tables and how many redtube windows you have open! :D
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      a
    • thepowerplay
      thepowerplay
      Bronze
      lol... redtube
    • Arnolde89
      Arnolde89
      Bronze
      we need to open a new>>> "How to multi-table with redtube- 1 handed ofc" thread...