[NL2-NL10] Nl 5 Jj Fr

• sasquide
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,20, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0,47) 4:heart: , 6:spade: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,45, MP2 raises to $0,90, Hero calls $0,45.

Turn: ($2,27) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2,00, Hero calls $2,00.

River: ($6,27) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1,97 (All-In), Hero calls $1,90 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10,07

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and sixes (Jd Jh)
      MP2 shows a full-house, fours full of sixes (4c 4s)

MP2 wins with a full-house, fours full of sixes (4c 4s)

Should i lpay less agressive with this kind of hand?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Well either MP2 is capable of taking that line with lower overpairs/bluffs or he isn't, it's a way ahead / way behind spot that depends on your reads. You will see some players "information minraise" 77-TT or throw in a bluff there without really knowing why, so you can't fold on the flop.

That said, they often won't just pot the turn and jam the river into you with those, since they got the information they wanted when you called the flop "oh, he has something", they usually check back the turn and i would expect a 17/6/1.4 to do just that, while a more loose-aggressive player might just believe 77 is the nuts and go with it anyway. Since he probably isn't pure bluffing, I don't hate a (tight) turn fold.

If you don't feel like you can fold the turn then calling down is fine if there is any chance he's bluffing, otherwise you're only staying in the pot because you think he can have a lower overpair, in which case you're better off going broke either on the flop or on the turn to prevent overcards from killing your action against those hands.

Hope it helps.