[NL2-NL10] NLFR JJ Multiway

• DTCC1
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      5 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06, BU calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.32) 3, 9, 6 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.23, Hero calls $0.23, CO folds, BU folds.

Turn: ($0.78) A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.92, Hero calls $0.92.

River: ($2.62) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.62.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(J J).
      SB shows a pair of kings(K K).

SB wins with a pair of kings(K K).

After reviewing this hand I realise I have made a huge mistake on the turn, this should have been an easy fold. However I am wondering if I have made a good decision on the flop?

I think I also should have folded on the flop as there is two players to act after me.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'm never folding the flop without better reads on the guy, for all we know he raised there with AJ and he's continuation-betting. The guys behind us don't have to have anything either until proven otherwise (see, they folded :p). In fact I probably would have 3-bet preflop and call it off against a 60bb guy unless I viewed him as tight.

The turn is awkward in the sense that it makes it less likely for him to have AA/Ax, and a good amount of players usually freeze with hands like QQ-KK when the A appears, even if they have only a potsized bet left and no real reason to believe you can have it. I don't have the miracle answer as to what you should do, most of this hand depends on what you put him on preflop. If he's overall aggressive and loves to raise with a lot of stuff i'm not folding, if he's usually quiet and it could easily take the likes of JJ+ for him to throw in a raise, it's a no-brainer turn fold.

Hope it helps.