hellooo!

• pamrleader
      pamrleader
      Bronze
      Hello all, just passed the quiz (2nd time mind you!) and thought I would say hello. Been playing a long time but have lost a lot more money than I would have liked to, and think its time for me to actually get some proper strategy down and not be a typical fish.

I want to try to avoid the following situation that occured last October...played in the Ladies EPT in London, $220 buy-in, played ok but lost a lot of chips. One girl on the table was quite aggressive and then scared me into losing a lot of chips. Did make my chips back but then lost a lot through the high blinds. Field started at roughly 111 and I ended up 18th. The pay was at 16th! So so frustrating.

I love playing Omaha these days as there is a lot more action that goes on but think I should get back to Hold 'em as there are a lot more live tourneys available that I want to be able to play in and try to realistically cash in. My online poker ranking needs serious improvement!!

Pam
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Pam & welcome to PokerStrategy :)

Oooh unlucky in the EPT, so nearly into the money, maybe next year.

Yes I think PokerStrategy is equally great in fine-tuning existing players game as it is in helping new players just starting out.
      As an experienced player, you might find the Basic, Bronze etc guides a little too basic, but bear with them and keep an open mind, it's always good to analyse your game against some of the mathematical stuff.

I think you will really enjoy some of our more advanced strategy guides and also the free live coaching sessions/video guides etc. Always useful to see how others play hands in tricky situations. You can also seek 2nd opinions from highly experienced coaching staff in the sample hands forum too.

Take your time to browse the website and any problems/questions, don't hesitate to shout.

Welcome once again & wishing you every continued success in your poker :s_thumbsup:

Best regards,

Bart
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey Pam and welcome to the Community :)

That's very unfortunate about the EPT - are you regularly playing live games?

Hadi
    • pamrleader
      pamrleader
      Bronze
      Thanks Bart, its funny though regarding the basic strategy stuff on here. I still found it very helpful as it just shows I clearly make rookie mistakes, even today. My main aim is trying to learn to have patience. If I haven't had a good hand within 10 minutes and am just folding I will play a weaker hand just to get some action.

Hi Hadi, no I don't really play regularly live. I played in Vegas a couple of years ago and am going back there in July so will play again. The WSOP will be going on when I am there (not the main event though, I'm back home by the time that starts) so I might try to win a satellite seat (try being the operative word!) to get into a side event. The problem I have with playing over here (London) is that you don't get dealer dealt tourneys unless the buy-in is £100 or more. I hate self-dealt games plus the buy-in is quite big for me. In Vegas you always get a dealer even if the game is a low $30 buy-in.

Pam