$10.00
      MP2:
      $5.40
      MP3:
      $7.80
      CO:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.90, SB folds, BB calls $0.80, MP3 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.75) 6, A, 5 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $7.15, MP3 calls $6.70(All-In), Hero folds.

Turn: ($18.3) Q (2 players)

River: ($18.3) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.3.

MP3 is 21/7/1,7 and BB is 64/4/4,6

A really tough spot here. I know I am defenitely ahead of the fish in bb, but mp3 shoving there... I just dunno. The way he played his hand has set written all over it, but why then just call a donkbet from fish on a fd board?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say. Maybe because he doesn't want to blow you off the pot by raising with his set, or he's getting extra tricky with his monster. Maybe he knows when he calls the shove from BB that BB could do that with pretty much anything and so doesn't need a monster to tag along. Maybe he doesn't care about any of that and he just has top pair, nobody folds top pair.

I just don't think you can fold that without a better read on MP1. It's true he looks somewhat tight passive but not that much, and considering how often he's coldcalling preflop I'd say chances are he can have stuff like A9-AQ in that spot easily. If you notice he didn't actually go all-in by himself or anything, which is pretty coherent with the loose-passive vibe we get off his stats. So him calling off the all-in doesn't have to be two pairs+. I would really hate for MP3 to show me AT after I folded the nuts against BB, so I think I'd would just call it off and hope MP1 is just a plain bad calling station instead of being a tricky luckbox. ;)

Hope it helps.