Good inject money on my bankroll.

• m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      Ok, here's the deal...The past few weeks i've been quiting a cash games a little bit (NL2) wich i wasnt making too much profit and went to very low buy-in mtts and freerolls just for some easy money.
      The fact is that i had a pretty good run, made a few little cashs and a big cash yesterday wich totaled a profit of $72, and now my bankroll is: $137.
      My question is: could i go up to NL4 or stay at NL2 until i get the the 25buy-ins to NL4 from cash games?
      Peace
  • 7 replies
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Since you are profitable at MTTs, why don't you just keep playing these?
    • m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      I was thinking on that too...but im quite sure that cash games could do me much more profit...and i think at NL4 i could have more chances to win than at NL2 because of my TAG style and because no one has seen my playing at NL4, so im the unknown guy there x]
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Your bankroll is enough for either BSS or SSS at NL4. Even 25 buy-in with BSS is only $100. Your good to go, and good luck, :)

If you wanted, you can actually go all the way up to NL25 with SSS strategy but its probably better for you to stay on the lower limits for now, :p
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by m4rr3co
      [...] and i think at NL4 i could have more chances to win than at NL2 because of my TAG style [...]
      Even though it might be true for you, in most cases this is really dangerous thinking.

My advice is that you should prove to yourself that you beat NL2 sustainably before moving to NL4 - and keep that logic for all limits in your future career.

Thinking: "the players on this limit are too bad - very better/more tight players, I would win." is wrong 99% of the time.

Even though it might be tiresome to grind NL2 - it's a good practice and you reduce the risk to your bankroll to a minumum. Poker is to large parts a game of patience.
    • m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xantos
      Originally posted by m4rr3co
      [...] and i think at NL4 i could have more chances to win than at NL2 because of my TAG style [...]
      Even though it might be true for you, in most cases this is really dangerous thinking.

My advice is that you should prove to yourself that you beat NL2 sustainably before moving to NL4 - and keep that logic for all limits in your future career.

Thinking: "the players on this limit are too bad - very better/more tight players, I would win." is wrong 99% of the time.

Even though it might be tiresome to grind NL2 - it's a good practice and you reduce the risk to your bankroll to a minumum. Poker is to large parts a game of patience.
      Yea, this is the point that made me wonder. Thanks Xantos, and thanks to the other guys.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      In your case I would say move up to NL4 though. NL4 is just as easy to beat or even easier than NL2 because fish don't like to play the lowest possible limit. A fish depositing $50 would sooner play for $4 or $10 than for $2.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      most likely all the old grannies are playing NL2, :D