This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR - AK vs 2 opponents

• altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP2:
      $18.78
      MP3:
      $5.42
      UTG+1:
      $10.63
      Hero:
      $2.84
      UTG+2:
      $2.26
      MP1:
      $20.25
      BU:
      $9.60
      SB:
      $2.67
      CO:
      $10

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , A:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG+2 calls $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60, CO folds.

Flop: ($2.25) 5:club: , 6:diamond: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($2.55) 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($2.85) Q:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Final Pot: $3.45
  • 3 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Liked played, fold on the River.
      On the Turn I would think about pushing or calling and then push on the Turn if I hit anything (A, K or another Diamont for 9 Flushdraw Outs + 4 Overcard Outs) or give up my hand.
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      Liked played, fold on the River.
      On the Turn I would think about pushing or calling and then push on the Turn if I hit anything (A, K or another Diamont for 9 Flushdraw Outs + 4 Overcard Outs) or give up my hand.
      Not 100% sure but I think you meant on the flop here, if I'm not wrong which I am half the time :D

Anyway, assuming that, with two opponents and the potential flush draw, and the lower cards, my opponent could've already hit a set hoping I'd re-raise, call me down on a draw, or drawing to a straight. If I pushed against two opponents I felt at least one was likely to call, and if my hand didn't improve (not likely to) I was investing dead money into a pot.

Should I have pushed anyway?

I think I agree with you that I should've folded the river, no one showed strength so I called, but again I was likely way behind.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      On the River you can even bet against these minbets (that indicates something that beats my A-High hand for me).

And yes I meant the Flop in the sentence. ;) I would prefer calling the Flop and pushing or maybe just reraising, depends how much is in my stack, the Turn if I hit my Overcard or improve to a Flushdraw. With a FD and OC on the Turn we would then push/re-raise as a semibluff (maybe to advanced?).

But calling these minbets on Flop and Turn is ok as well, but on the River you can fold.