This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] was good fold???

• Tirys1703
      Tirys1703
      Bronze
      9 players, all fold

I on Dealer with 3 :diamond: 3 :club: and bet 0,15
      SB: fold
      BB: call

flop: J :spade: 3 :spade: 4 :spade: pot: 0,30

He check
      I bet 0,20
      He call

turn: 8 :heart: pot: 0,68

He bet 0,60
      I call

river: 10 :diamond: pot: 1,80

He bet 1,00
      I fold ... was good fold??? I called on the river because I have draw three J , one 3 , three 4 and three 8.
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

Use the pokerstrategy hand converter for posting =) It'll make your job and our job a lot easier ;-)
      PokerHand Converter Guide

This hand depends a lot on stack sizes and stakes of course =D. I'll assume both of you had 100bb and that this is NL5.

I'll raise his turn donkbet, because I expect there's still a lot of value to be had. You don't have to be afraid of him having a flush, as flushes are really rare AND there are many other hands in his range. He could have something like J8 or Jx with a :spade: or something like A8 with the A :spade: .
      Besides, even if he does have the flush, you still have decent equity with 10 outs!
      So I like raising to $1,80 and call a push. If he just calls you and checks on a blank river, I shove for value. =) He's not folding a J.

As played, when you decide to call the turn, you have to at LEAST call the river. You can't assume he has a flush here everytime. Sometimes he will have a flush, sure, but most of the time he won't.

You could even shove the river for value, as I don't expect him to fold a J.

Cheers!