Hello!

• BlackHawkEU
      BlackHawkEU
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I passed the quiz and started reading on this forum. I like what I find here. I started reading about poker about 3 weeks ago and started playing on Full tilt with some money some friends transfered to me, and ofc, I lost all of it. I like chess and starcraft, and Heroes 3, so I enjoy strategy. At first I saw poker as pure gambling, but after reading and talking with some people I see that is more than that.
      I would like to start reading more and try to play some more.
      My forum name is like this because I play Entropia Universe, and there I am Black Hawk, so this way people who know me from there can see who I am here.
      I like the info I find on this site and I look forward to read more. I want to become bronze as soon as possible, but I am not sure how to do that at this point.
      I am from Bucharest, Romania, married, 31 years and noob in poker.

See you around
      Ovidiu
  • 4 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello BlackHawkEU and welcome to the community!

Im glad that everything went smoothly with the transfer of your funds as i see that you are now bronze and i hope to see you actively progressing as a player.

Be sure the check out the Bronze content now that you have access to it- there are more articles and also videos which are extremely helpful in further improving your game.

If you approach Poker with the correct attitude (I can recommend the article Professional Attitude which deals with the mindset of winning players) there are no bounds to your progress.

So good luck at the tables - follow the bankroll management (can't say this often enough) - post hands you are unsure about - and keep us updated!

Best regards,
      -Steve
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey BlackHawkEU and welcome :)

Hope you enjoy it here, if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hadi
    • BlackHawkEU
      BlackHawkEU
      Bronze
      I played a lot with the 50$ I got, but the problem is that I do not like the SSS. So I played more like BSS. I feel SSS is a form of cheating, because of the fact that you have to leave the table with the small profit that you make, so you are a rat. It may be profitable, but I don't feel right about it. I know most won't agree with me, but I do hope that most sites will increase the minimum buy in. Keeping some tables for short stacks is also good.
      I noticed that I do better on short handed tables, but the rake is a bit too much from the pot, and I got pour results on the long run. I have no expectations, and I made lots of mistakes. I had up to 180$ and now I am at around 40$, but I noticed why I make the mistakes I make, and that will help me in future. I plan to deposit and be able to play a form of BSS with the right bankroll management, because as it is now, I do not respect the BRM rules, if I only count what I have in my account.

Thank you for the great materials you have. I only wish you would have a full printable version of each one of those in pdf, because is still easier to read when you are not in front of a computer and want to take a break from the screen.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello BlackHawkEU,

In response to your request about printable versions of our articles there is a small printer icon in the top right corner of the article that will allow to to print out the articles you are interested in.

As for the PDF handouts then there is an identical icon in the top left of the page.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve