This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH TT on 2 pair board river

• Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,97
      BU:
      $6,81

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club: , T:diamond:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, BU calls $0,16, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,38) Q:diamond: , J:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0,38) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,20, BU calls $0,20.

River: ($0,78) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,52, Hero calls $0,52.

Final Pot: $1,82

He had 0% fols to cbet - do we still bet there? Since on turn its kinda unliekly that he has J and he would have raised Q on flop I'm bet/folding. He calls. And river brings two paired board. So I think many people is betting there with A high.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can go either way on the flop, it depends what he does when he doesn't fold to c-bets. If he raises them you're likely better off going for a check/call since you can't comfortably call a check/raise, if he just calls them too much and doesn't give you much trouble on the turn when you check to him, you can certainly bet for value against all sorts of gutshots/flushdraws/OESDs/underpairs.

Betting the turn for value is fine.

On the river I doubt many players will bet A-high, they should be happy to check it down. Since it's hard for him to have a Q we're looking at a few 3x, some Jx he decided to play slowly, and busted draws that he's now bluffing with. Whether it's best to check/call or check/fold depends a lot on how often we think he 1/ doesn't bet a draw on the flop when checked to 2/ bluff with it on the river once he misses. Hard to say from here, check/calling when in doubt certainly isn't bad by any means.

Hope it helps.