Weekly Vote: Your Thoughts on the PokerStars Buy-in Changes?

• Poll
    • Your Thoughts on the PokerStars Buy-in Changes?

I like the new changes
        44%
        I liked the old buy-in structure more
        22%
        These buy-in changes will have no impact on my game there
        21%
        I can't decide yet, I need to play more there
        14%
      Total: 225 Votes
  • 19 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      did you post this at 2+2? or you copied it? :f_p:
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      I don't post on 2+2, sorry :) . This was created as a follow-up on the news linked in the original post.
    • tvalberg
      tvalberg
      Bronze
      Yeah, not so good for SSS play. Good for me im playing on Titan atm.

If its gonna be a tendency i guess i better consider BSS
    • cintac
      cintac
      Bronze
      Why would a HUD be o.k. but S.S.S. not ?( seems like doublethink):) .

HUD s should be banned and each server should have low minimum
      and high minimum tables.

P.S.(when I went to school calculators were not allowed in class :) )

Time to hit the books on BSS
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      I have been playing SSS in Pstars in NL400 and NL600. Before this update, it was already hard to find a decent table for SSSer in these limits since there are already at least 3SSSer on each table.

I think Pstars decided to control in the influx on SSSer and this is the solution they can think of.

It definitely caught me off guard but I am just thankful I was able to build my bankroll enough to a decent limit where I can play BSS.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      HUDs give you more information to make a more informed decision.

SSS, you only have two choices...push or fold. No play there whatsoever.

I like the new buyins. If the short stackers want to play each other, let them. BSS is the best way to play the game. Makes you actually think about the way you play.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      I don't post on 2+2, sorry :) . This was created as a follow-up on the news linked in the original post.
      heh no offence as the poll has uncanny similarities, in fact, based on my last impression(only chance upon it at 2+2 once), it is identical!! :f_p:
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      None taken. As I said, I only used the info from our own news + my two brain lobes to create this thread. Any similarity with other polls is purely coincidental (unless they copied my poll ;) ).
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Although I don't play on Poker Stars I play on Full Tilt which have already implemented similar changes. I think the changes are for the better because you will be able to play in bigger pots against the fish and get more value from your hands.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      As a BSS player, I'd personally rather avoid playing short stacks, so my following statement may sound hypocritical, but here goes. I think it's an infringement to a player's personal freedom of choice when the sites take away his option of playing a certain strategy in favor of another player with a different strategy.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I like the new changes but they should get rid of 20bb-50bb HU tables.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I think in a poll like this the results would perhaps be biased because there appear to be more BSS players then SSS.
      I personally agree with the poster who perceptibly illuminated the personal choice issue.
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      I like it because when I play any cashgames I like to play deep stacked, I feel I can learn more from that and when I see like 5-6 20BB stacks on a 9man FR table its pretty depressing to say the least. 40BB will not be great but way better :D
    • Svizac28
      Svizac28
      Bronze
      I play BSS so I'm very glad they did this. I was getting quite annoyed when out of 9 people at the table at least 4 were playing shortstacked.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      I think in a poll like this the results would perhaps be biased because there appear to be more BSS players then SSS.
      I personally agree with the poster who perceptibly illuminated the personal choice issue.
      Why? Both styles of play now have their own separate tables. Everybody wins. :f_love:
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      yep. sss is still profitable in stars & ft, at least in the low limits (in stars there's a lot of shallow tables running, and most of them full with fish)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      This is obviously better for SSS players, not worse. It's gonna attract so many more fish

Though the FTP shallow stack tables might be worse for SSS players cause 35bb tables are labelled as standard while 20-30bb are labelled as shallow
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I agree ^^. The shallow tables are full of players who still want to play marginal hands like suited connectors against a preflop raise, not realising that the small stacks don't give them anywhere near the right implied odds.

The changes (and I have to admit that I don't play on Stars) seem to me to do nothing more than create different 'homes' for different kinds of player. The short stacker can still play his identical preflop range with probably similar success against players who are too lose. Bad players will still invest 20bb with QJ on a Q68bd against a preflop raiser with AQ.

I don't agree that putting the shortstackers 'behind a pen' is any infringement of peoples' liberties. It's not as if there's some inbuilt constitutional right to make money from other people's ignorance.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      omaha shallow tables are awesome