[NL2-NL10] NL10 - JJ777 badly played?

• bL1z
      bL1z
      Bronze
      0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , T:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,10. , CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      5 folds, MP3 checks, CO raises to $0,30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,20, MP3 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,95) 7:heart: , 7:spade: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0,95) J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Maybe I shouldn't have checked here? I tried to setup a trap here, but it looks like both the MP3 and the CO didn't hit anything. Although they may have called a small bet...

River: ($0,95) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1, 2 folds.

Was this bet too high? Maybe a $0,30 bet would have looked like I was tying to steal the pot...

Final Pot: $1,95
  • 6 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Theres no calling a raise in SSS , it is only raise or fold , and in your spot with JTo its a clear fold. Even if you hit in some occasions you dont have the implied odds to make the call profitable with a 20 BB stack. You should stick to the guide , at least as long as you are a beginner.
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bL1z
      Maybe I shouldn't have checked here? I tried to setup a trap here, but it looks like both the MP3 and the CO didn't hit anything. Although they may have called a small bet...
      what kind of trap did you want to make? You had nothing!
      and clear preflop fold, as undercover82 wrote
    • bL1z
      bL1z
      Bronze
      Nothing? I had top pair. I don't think that's too bad...
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      It's good that you are posting hands within the first couple of days of registration. Keep it up.

As stated, resist temptation and fold preflop against a raise. JT is difficult at best, a great hand to see a flop with for no cost, but not worth a lot when you have to pay. In this case, you made a mistake and you won a pot, but remember, bad play costs money long term, regardless of short term results. We are looking to have our opponents be the ones who make the bad plays.

As played, you can probably bet half pot size on the turn, and fold if anyone raises. You do have top pair, but someone could be sleeping on a seven, or a better Jack, because you have no kicker, and they will slaughter you.
    • bL1z
      bL1z
      Bronze
      I see. :)

Thanks again for the feedback, guys!
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Please, re-read the SSS articles and stick to the strategy, visit SSS Coachings, and keep up posting hands (that you do and that is good :-)). I guess you were lucky with that hand.