2 FTP accounts?

• calldark
      calldark
      Bronze
      Having opened my FT account years ago and missing out on rakeback and strategy points, I had more or less abandoned playing at FTP.

However, I was looking at an offer at a training sites of rakeback + software upon opening a 'new' FTP account.

In the advert, they suggested uninstalling the FT software, deleting cookies, downloading FT, register a new account, then 'Once you've registered your account, you must make a real money deposit or in some other way get your cash balance up to at least $10 to complete the tracking process' (i.e. transfer).

Then good to go.

Presumably this is multi accounting, though seems to be seen as acceptable.

OK, risky or no no?
  • 4 replies
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Silver
      dont think its acceptable;) .. u should contact FTP support before doing anything like this..

possible scenario: they find out u have multiple accounts - close your new one(which would be the active one for you) - confiskate ur winnings and FTP's
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hello calldark,

Unfortunately you are not allowed to create a 2nd account to receive rake back. It is against the terms of the poker site which can be found below.

Players are not allowed to create, use, or deposit to more than one account. Players who are found to have multiple accounts or to have allowed multiple users to access their account may face account suspensions or revocations, and forfeiture of their accumulated Full Tilt Points and real money balances.

For more information visit: Full Tilt Poker Terms
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by calldark
      Presumably this is multi accounting, though seems to be seen as acceptable.

OK, risky or no no?
      [X] Multi-accounting
      [X] Risky
      [X] No-no
      [X] Lots of threads on the internet about accounts being closed and money being ceased for doing what you just did.
      [X] Lots people do it anyway

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Besides what everyone already said, sites that suggest opening a second account shouldn't be trusted.

As GooRukYONG said, you should contact FTP about this, you never know, maybe they actually let you open a new account with rakeback, although that's very unlikely, it's worth a try.

I know they let me open a new account with rakeback, but my old account was playmoney only and wasn't tracked to any affiliate, and I still think I got pretty lucky that they actually let me do this. Just don't do anything without their consent and you should be fine.