This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ overpair

• Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $7.23
      CO:
      $11.27
      BU:
      $8.95
      SB:
      $8.75
      BB (Hero):
      $18.57
      UTG1:
      $10.47
      UTG2:
      $10.05
      MP1:
      $10.44
      MP2:
      $9.89

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.30, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) T, 8, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, UTG2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.65) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, UTG2 calls $1.00.

River: ($3.65) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $1.80, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.65.

I give him range TT+ and AJs+. But overcards + flushdraw + maybe gutshot looks more like it. I probably should have bet pot on the turn.
  • 2 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      if he is a normal TAG/rock/calling station, a fold is justifiable, because all we beat in their range is a bluff. and i think it is unlikely given the block bet on the river when the flush completes, which shows that he has decent holdings and i a doubt any Tx hands(except TT) will be in his range. a river bluff on such wet board OOP doesn't seem to be within their plays.
      im calling any aggro fish.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by supeyrio
      if he is a normal TAG/rock/calling station, a fold is justifiable, because all we beat in their range is a bluff. and i think it is unlikely given the block bet on the river when the flush completes, which shows that he has decent holdings and i a doubt any Tx hands(except TT) will be in his range. a river bluff on such wet board OOP doesn't seem to be within their plays.
      im calling any aggro fish.
      That about sums it up :) Looks like a valuebet, chances are a fish merging his pairs or pure bluffing in that spot wouldn't make that "slightly bigger than half pot please call me" bet. And since I doubt anybody is valuebetting Tx there ever, we don't beat much.

Hope it helps.