$1.73
      MP3:
      $1.54
      CO:
      $4.33
      BU:
      $3.94

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      3 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.12) J, 8, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.38, SB calls $0.26.

Turn: ($0.88) A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26.

River: ($1.4) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.4.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Ac Kh).
      SB shows a pair of fives(4c 5d).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(Ac Kh).

Villain unknown

His pot sized donk bet can represent some strength so i raise on flop to save money which i might lose on later streets if i just call here and hit something later(easy fold on flop to his shove or c/r).
      The main question is should i raise for value on turn? Cause his bet looks more like block bet.
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I disagree with what you say on the flop. In position, I prefer to call since this flop hasn't really connected with much of his range imo - and so I expect floating and betting the turn to work quite a lot - and even if a scarecard comes down like X :club: I would still fire again since you have A :club: .

This is just my preference tho - I would prefer to keep the pot small where I think I have a good chance of taking the pot off him on the turn or good chance to draw out.

As played, definetly raise the turn - for value and to not give the draws cheap cards. I would also bet the river - about $0.8, folding to raise.
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      I would raise more preflop to begin with. 4xBB

Then on flop I could agree with amplifyd , but i wouldnt go against the raise either but the villain is unknown so its hard to say.

But Float works perfectly :) and raise the Turn, a smallish bet like that could mean thats its a blockbet. He wants a cheap card.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well this board pretty much hits anything in a first limp/calling one way or another, I wouldn't even mind just folding the flop against an unknown instead of playing AK-high against a undefined range when the turn is so often going to come something bad. Anything from a 4 to a Q and any club could give him the best hand and we have no idea what he'll do if he improves, we have no idea what he'll do if he doesn't improve either, for all we know he might fire pot for 3 streets with some gutshot. I'd just fold until I get a better handle on the guy.

If I somehow decide to continue with the hand I'd just float in position, he's short enough to be able to jam anything he deems decent over a raise and that's not really to our advantage, I'd rather call and see what he does on the turn even if we won't like most of those.

Hope it helps.