Second Chance

• adammz
      adammz
      Bronze
      This blog will follow my progress at Party Poker, I was fortunate enough to receive a 2nd starting capital, and now i'm using BSS on the NL2 FR tables.

Previously I used my starting capital at Everest Poker. I started off well playing micro SnGs and using SSS on the micro limits. I managed to build my bankroll up to $70. From this I gained valuable experience on the fundamentals of poker, and now I think i'm ready to try the BSS.

I don't really have a good excuse for what happened, I tilt quite easily. I lost a lot of my BR because of this. In the cash games, I would go all in with made hands on the flop, only to have someone call me and suck out on the river. For me there is absolutely nothing more frustrating than having this happen every time! In the SnGs I would find myself on the bubble and shoving with hands like KJ, or K10s only to run into KK or AA, it truely seemed like nothing was going my way.

I guess I couldn't handle the downswing, I lost interest and stopped playing completely for months.... until now!
  • 2 replies
    • adammz
      adammz
      Bronze
      Ok not sure if my first post worked, but either way:

First session back playing poker, NL2 FR. BSS.

I had one short session in the afternoon that lasted an hour, and another short session in the evening that lasted an hour. On both occasions I was multi tabling only two tables at a time.

Today was a great day, I played tight and started to remember my playing style. I have also started to make a lot of notes on each individual player, this is something I didn't do before, and yeah I think this is probably a good idea :)

Only one bad beat stuck out, where I flopped the nuts (a 9 to K straight, holding QJo) I went all in and my opponent was holding pocket tens, giving him a set. The turn and river cards that followed were both 8 so yeah the villain made his full house and I lost. In hindsight my stack was still high, I should have probably not put all my chips in but bet the pot instead?

Other than that hiccup I outplayed some of the fishy players and put my chips in at the right time and managed to leave the session with double what I started with on more than one occasion :D

At the end of the day:

BR - $60.91

PP (Party Points) - 1.62

SP - 0.9

I am pleased with todays sessions in general, I hope I can keep this up tomorrow.

My aims are:

To increase my BR to $100 and then I can start playing BSS NL4 FR

To increase my PP to 100 within 90 days in order to clear the starting capital

Silver status on Poker Strategy

A bit about who I am
      Originally from England but currently living in Belgium, 22 years old and working part time. I am an aspiring musician, and I do a lot of that in my spare time.

Unrelated to poker
      I have an audition for a band tomorrow, I haven't been in a band since last November. I hope I get it, wish me luck!
      West Ham better avoid relegation this season.
      I watched the film Surrogates last night and thought it was average.

Will update tomorrow.... bye!
    • adammz
      adammz
      Bronze
      Was originally meant to play a 2 hour session this morning on NL2 FR. After an hour I was up by $1.50, multi tabling 2 tables.

Until this happened:

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 = ($1.90)
      CO = ($1.07)
      BU = ($0.39)
      SB = ($1.61)
      BB = ($0.38)
      UTG2 = ($0.43)
      MP1 = ($2.38)
      MP2 (Hero) = ($1.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4 :spade: , 4 :club: :.
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.12, BU folds, SB calls $0.11, BB folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.38) 8 :diamond: , 6 :spade: , 4 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.37, CO raises to $0.74, SB calls $0.74, Hero raises to $1.83, CO calls $0.21, SB calls $0.75(All-In).

Turn: ($4.65) 7 :club: (3 players)

River: ($4.65) J :diamond:( 3 players)

Final Pot: $4.65.
      Results follow:

CO shows high card ace(A :club: K :heart:) .
      SB shows a straight, eight high(K :diamond: 5 :heart:) .
      Hero shows three of a kind, fours(4 :spade: 4 :club:) .

SB wins with a straight, eight high(K :diamond: 5 :heart:) .
      Hero wins with three of a kind, fours(4 :spade: 4 :club:)

This pissed me off somethin awful. How can you call all the raises with a K5o? I can understand the other guy with AKo, standard raise and conti bet. The other guy had a gut shot straight draw, I would never risk all my cash on a gut shot!!

What did I do wrong?

Anyways I had to stop, there was no use going on, I was tilting so i'm takin a breather. Will aim to get at least one more session later this afternoon, if not another 2.

End of session #1

$60.66

PP - 1.90

SP - 0.90

Pretty much no change in BR, I will have to up the play rate at some point, the PP don't come very fast at NL2. Even more reason to get to NL4. I will post some of my more successful hands from the next session later on this afternoon, along with some more no brainers no doubt.