$1.88
      BB:
      $4.82
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $1.09

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4, K.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) K, 7, T (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, BB calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.12) J (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.12) 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 bets $0.12, Hero folds, BB folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.12.

Can I beat anything here? Why bet so big on the river? Is bluff possible? This guy once bluffed on every possible street with air.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Assuming I complete preflop I will usually just lead that flop, our hand stands to be best and there are a lot of draws out there that will call a bet from on that flop.

As played I would bet the turn, nobody looks like they have much anyway so far and we picked up enough equity for us to call a raise.

As played on the river I have no idea, MP3 is obviously bad and we don't have any information on him so who knows what he is thinking (or not thinking). It's possible he's getting extra tricky with a good hand, it's possible he's taking another stab with air since again everybody in front of him checked, or maybe he thinks his Tx is good and he's betting for the hell of it. BB hasn't show any interest and it's only 6bb, I'd call and figure out what he's doing since he's one of marks at the table and there is a chance I'm ahead.

Hope it helps.
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Is the line bet/fold on the turn, Mr. moderator? Just wanted to make sure I was following the logic here.

Anyways, nobody at all looked interested in that pot so I don't see the point in shying away if you had top pair, regardless of whether your kicker was poor. If the turn gets checked around to the river, your line HAS to be either bet/fold or check/call man. You lose equity when you play weak like that (no offense meant, of course). I meant that strictly poker terminology-wise, btw.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by tamairlarace
      As played I would bet the turn, nobody looks like they have much anyway so far and we picked up enough equity for us to call a raise.
      :) I don't expect to get raised that often but when it happens, chances are somebody made two pairs or a straight, in which case the chance of hitting our flush on the river against a fish is more than enough for me to stick around. The stack/pot ratio is still big enough to allow us some room, unless MP3 just jams.

Hope it helps.