Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($26.25)
      BB ($30.88)
      UTG ($10.26)
      Hero ($28.22)
      BTN ($31.87)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.85, fold, fold, BB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.65

FLOP ($5.10) 2:club: 8:spade: K:heart:

BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

TURN ($9.10) 2:club: 8:spade: K:heart: 4:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($9.10) 2:club: 8:spade: K:heart: 4:club: 2:heart:

BB bets $3, Hero raises to $7.50, BB calls $4.50

Villain unk (30/26/9.0, 30 hands)
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I think its all okay apart from the river - I am never raising here cos I just think its like too thin in 3-bet pot imo. I would prefer to bet the turn like 1/2 pot to build the pot slightly - since like on turn even like 99-QQ might still call.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I think its all okay apart from the river - I am never raising here cos I just think its too thin in 3-bet pot imo. I would prefer to bet the turn like 1/2 pot to build the pot slightly - since on turn even 99-QQ might still call.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You usually don't see many players check/raise the turn in 3-bet pots at nl25, so I think he has air or TT-QQ most of the time. Maybe sometimes something like KQs that he's "pot-controlling". If you think he can play KQ like that it's better to bet turn and river, if not it's just a matter of you selling the fact that you don't have much either the best way you can from then on, so both betting small for two streets hoping he sticks around and checking back the turn to valuebet the river are viable options.

When he donks the river small I don't think much has changed, maybe it's a bit more likely he has something he can bet/call a small raise with like KQ or QQ that he's valuebetting/blockbetting with. Since your line doesn't really makes much sense either when you raise and it's very hard for him to have you beat, I don't mind the small value raise to give him great pot odds to get curious.

Hope it helps.