VIP Store

• MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Hey guys,

I've been playing for about 2 months now and i finally got 5000 FPP's planning on buying the 50$ cash bonus. But since i've build up my bankroll nicely to 750$ and am playing NL25 atm, i think it could be more profitable to buy a book or two. I was thinking of getting Power Hold'em Strategy by Daniel Negreanu and Super System 2 by Doyle Brunson. Or are there any other books you guys recommend. Imo its better to improve you're game then to get 2 extra stacks.

So if you guys read any books and have some input on that i would really appreciate it, or are you only using pokerstrategy articles and videos to improve you're game?

Thanks for your answers
  • 9 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I do NOT recommend both books since PokerStrategy articles simply gives you more bang out of your buck and every topic covered there is superficial and already explained in the PS articles

a cash bonus is also marginal since the value is not being used optimal (1 FPP = $0.016)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey MatejM47,

I concur with what Gerv has said.

IMO buy the bonus's if you really want the extra cash but the best idea would be to save your points for bigger and better things.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Or you could download the books via a torrent for no fee.
    • gormless
      gormless
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Or you could download the books via a torrent for no fee.
      X( X( Please don't steal kids.

You can get a wealth of information here that you have paid for through rake. There is no reason to abuse the freedoms of the internet and steal from others.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey MatejM47,

Those books are old especially Doyle Brunson's book. There are so many articles on the internet that you can get for free mostly on this website. You would be better off getting a $50 bonus to improve your roll than buying books with your FPP. You will learn a lot more watching videos and reading up to date articles. If you want to get the books just for a good read then maybe buy it with money in real life or a birthday present maybe.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      50$ bonus has very bad value, you get 0.01$ for 1 FPP. Books have very bad rate as well. A lot of other items give you around 0.015-0.016$ rate. These are larger bonuses, gift cards, tournament tokens and special items that appear in store every few months (for example better rated cash bonuses for smaller FPP amounts) If you want to buy something now, buy cheap tournament tickets, they have good value.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      THnx guys. I will just save my FPPs for when they have some discounts or something. Till then i'll just use them for tournament tickets.

And yeah video's on this site are great. I watched quite a few of them and they really helped my game so far.
    • joehahaha
      joehahaha
      Bronze
      When using the vip store, there is an area for bonus codes or something when buying items that need to be shipped, what is it?
    • Svizac28
      Svizac28
      Bronze
      I recently bought Super System 2 and can confirm it's very good, it's very deep and has every popular variant of poker covered.