This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Need advice...

• M3da5
      M3da5
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I will start by saying that i have had a love for poker for a long time. I started playing online about four years ago, but to this day I have nothing to show for it.

I will explain... before i found internet poker, i played 5 card draw live games with friends and since i have been playing online, only recently am i starting to learn the importance of bankroll management and really trying to study the game from a "student" perspective. I had a very good roll in some MTTs last year and built my bankroll to approx. 1000$ in about a month but then i moved to pokerstars and started playing limit 1/2$ and it eventually vanished. I stopped playing for almost a year. No hard feelings, anyhow, now i found pokerstrategy and started from scratch.

Im tryin the micro limits and had a real bad run the first few days with every other hand sucking out on me, tilting most of the time before finally making it back on a MTT 50c rebuy where i took a sweet 63$ odd and now im trying to work the ring games again....

So anyway, my question is, what is an approximate time that i will be here at micro limits.... if i was to play 00.01/02c how much time should i expect it will take, what is an acceptable profit margin per day or hour playing at this level?
      I ask because sometimes i might sit at a table for 5 hours just to have made 2 dollars extra, would you consider this to be normal?
      let me have your thoughts and any advice to work up my game.
  • 2 replies