Any one get $50 starting capital in FTP?

• 17 replies
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      I had it in October and up to now with avg 1 SNG every two days (gprs connected for 4 months) I turned it into a 190$.

Just play in good BRM that's to say SNG 1$ until you can levelup at 2$ (when you reach 100$) where the payback is much better. If you want to play cash just stick to BRM and starting hands charts for BSS/SSS as you prefer.

Cheers and gl.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey xcyberkidx,

Before you receive your starting capital make sure you read the articles. Make sure that you read the articles on bank roll management and psychology articles. Then find a game that you want to play and read the articles based on that i.e. BSS, SNG. I would advise you not to learn SSS because it is slowly being changed on most sites so that the strategy can't be applied.

Good luck at the tables!
    • xcyberkidx
      xcyberkidx
      Bronze
      U really stick to that principle...

seemmmmmm working ...

$1 SNG <<X 25 Buy-in ($ 50), and level up 2

$2 SNG till accumulated $100, whereas

$2 SNG << X25 Buy-in ($100)..

Rite?

:s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil:
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I don't play SNG's anymore because I play cash games but I recommend sticking to that strategy. If you don't stick to the strategy you are more likely to go broke in the process. For more information about BRM read this article.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/1347/1
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xcyberkidx
      U really stick to that principle...

seemmmmmm working ...

$1 SNG <<X 25 Buy-in ($ 50), and level up 2

$2 SNG till accumulated $100, whereas

$2 SNG << X25 Buy-in ($100)..

Rite?

:s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil:
      Buyins=2% of your bankroll so you're right
    • xmarukox
      xmarukox
      Bronze
      HaHa...discipline is really important...

2%...haha...

Let me try....
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      Yes that is really important, see Ferguson's challenge on FullTilt Poker Academy for this :)

I also suggest you applying for the FTPA challenges, not just for the tuition but also for collecting points that can be converted to bonuses, tokens or other stuffs like card deck, tshirts etc....don't take the silver key chain it's a really crappy one (just received it :( ).

Have fun and gl
    • xmarukox
      xmarukox
      Bronze
      Great...i have read Ferguson's challenge details...fatastic!

That's the joy of poker...haha...

the challenge..haha.... :s_biggrin:

:f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love:
    • UeYa
      UeYa
      Bronze
      I've done several challenges and Ferguson's cool except the minraise AA/KK from UTG...I don't agree on it because the more times you will be called by trashy hands who will do a cooler, regarding the 2.5x from mid position I "pushed it to the upper limit" meaning that if you are playing 0.05/0.10 you should raise to 0.25 while I raised 0.29 and still got the task completed.

The FTPA thingy is cool because it won't affect your FTP on the cashier in the FTP client and still let you get something free as t-shirts, books etc.
    • MareBKCZ
      MareBKCZ
      Bronze
      Hi!

I am currently in proccess of waiting to pokerstrategy.com check my ID and transfer me 50$ to FTP.
      I was wondering...is it posible to cash out those 50$ immediately or there is some minimum to do that?

Thank you!
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello MareBKCZ,

You will first need to clear the starting capital and in order to do this on FullTilt you will need to collect 1,000 basic FullTiltPoints (without Happy Hour points) and you have 120 days to achieve this.

You can find all the information about clearing the $50 starting capital here.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MareBKCZ
      MareBKCZ
      Bronze
      Thank you! I understand now... ;)
    • xmarukox
      xmarukox
      Bronze
      isnt that u need 2 play enough points in order 2 cash out???

well...i hv already feed the that $50 2 sharks ....

not concern about this ....
    • MareBKCZ
      MareBKCZ
      Bronze
      Just to make things clear: when I collect 1000FTP, the money I have in that momment is mine and I can cash it out?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello MareBKCZ,

Thats correct. As soon as you have collected the 1,000 basic FTPs then the starting capital is cleared and becomes yours.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Yimba
      Yimba
      Bronze
      hi,

previously i have made my own 1st deposit before receiving the free $50 starting capital. now i have received the free capital, do i have to earn enough FTPs to clear my 1st deposit bonus before i can use them to clear the free starting capital? :(

thanks for any advice!
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hello xcyberkidx,

I too got my starting $50 on FTP via PokerStrategy. However this was back in 2008 when FTP didnt have NL2 or NL5 and the lowest stake you could play was NL10, so I didnt have a choice but to break BRM. I played BSS and managed to run on a sick heater and grind my roll up to $400 in 3 months. Lucky for you and other players that have joined in recent times, you can start on NL2 and work your way up the safe and proper way.

Best regards,

Joronamo