[NL2-NL10] curious about the call on the turn

• jachis
      I kind of had a feeling, that he had a flush and called to see if I hit a full house ( which I didn't :D ) , but maybe I should have pushed ? But I didn't because I felt that he wouldn't fold it anyway. I couldn't Imagine anything but a flush or maybe a set of 2 because of his limp/call on the flop.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, MP3 calls $0.40, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.10) 2:spade: , K:spade: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP3 calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.50) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP3 raises to $3.20, Hero calls $1.70.

River: ($8.90) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $8.46, Hero calls $5.60 (All-In).

Final Pot: $22.96

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows four of a kind, eights (8h 8c)
      MP3 shows a flush, king high (4s Ts)

Hero wins with four of a kind, eights (8h 8c)
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

Some players are capable of making that turn raise without having 88 beat, with some kind of turned combo hand like QsXy/JsTx, or even a bare K suddenly afraid of the board, so I wouldn't mind just shoving the turn if you think he's on the aggressive side of the fish line. Calling with direct odds to boat up is certainly fine too.

As played on the river if you think he's not folding anyway just jam the river, him checking behind would be disastrous and if he's not folding when you shove yourself, why take the chance?

Hope it helps.
    • jachis
      It turned out that he did hit his flush on turn :)

thank you river :D