[NL2-NL10] NL25 Rush fold KK?

• robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      This is one of the tiny number of occasions where I considered folding KK preflop and on the flop. I simply was putting my opponent on AA.

Villain has stats of VPIP 10.71 PFR 10.71 but with only a very small sample size of 28 hands (one of the problems with Rush). I had bever seen him 3bet but discounted this due to small sample size, in fact with anything less than 100 I tend to use VPIP and PFR only as a rough guide.

But even so he is playing 10% of hands so he is TAG, almost SSS. When I 3bet preflop I simply put him on AA straight away with his 4bet. So I simply call.

On the flop he donks half pot, again I am thinking AA but decide to flat him to the river, unless he checks at any point.

So, are these circumstances to fold KK preflop or on teh flop, or are there ever such circumstances?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $25.67
      BU:
      $25.70
      SB:
      $8.80
      BB:
      $24.25
      UTG1:
      $25.00
      UTG2:
      $12.20
      MP1:
      $6.30
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $10.10

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      UTG1 raises to $1.00, 4 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, 3 folds, UTG1 raises to $7.50, Hero calls $5.00.

Flop: ($15.35) 9, 8, 5 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $7.00, Hero calls $7.00.

Turn: ($29.35) 9 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50.

River: ($50.35) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $50.35.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't play much full ring nor rush poker, so while i'm given to understand that both full ring tables and rush poker tables are filled with nits, I'm not sure exactly how nitty everybody is and whether it's enough to fold KK preflop to a 4-bet COvsUTG1.

That said, if you don't think he 4-bets AK/QQ preflop then you can fold. When you call the 4-bet putting him on AA, you're basically saying you're only to flop a set, and by calling getting 2:1 immediate odds and not even 4:1 implied odds, you simply can't setmine in that spot profitably.

As played on the flop you should just shove and accept the cooler against AA. Calling the 4-bet preflop doesn't make sense unless you can put him on a lower overpair some of the time, in which case you're just looking to get it in on that flop before the board gets any scarier.

Hope it helps.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      How does your poker tracker software catch up to rush poker anyway? From what I've heard it's always a few hands behind, since the players at the tables change every few seconds.

I think you can almost never fold KK preflop, if you run into AA it's a cooler. The worst thing you can have is calling his 4bet and having an ace on the flop, so you might as well get it all in preflop.

28 hands isn't much of a sample size at all in my opinion.

Personally I would just not bother with stats in Rush poker and just lay ABC poker.