Poker for Freedom - SNG HU and FR

• wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      I have been staked by PS member 'aceontheriver' for 36$ on stars.
      I am supposed to play 1.2 sngs 9 max. I will give aceontheriver his money back plus up to 40% of the profits (as much as he wants but under 40%) whenever he asks me to.

Hopeing for a happy ending.

Luck at the tables. :spade:
  • 39 replies
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      lol ok

i will send u the money in 1 min

pls mods dont delete this, just proof nd trust, thx!
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I dont see any reason to delete it, although you can expect begging messages from some random fish around since now ;)
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Staked that's right :) MY bad.
      I'll play some 1.2 sngs right now.
      Hoping for the best. :spade:
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      After my first 2 sngs I'm pretty dissapointed with the results, although I'm 30 centrs up.

I've lost the first one on a missed streight draw after losing 3/4 of my stack on a semi-bluff against a loose opponent (stupid me).

The second one workd out very well to the point where I was heads up. I shoved on KJ offsuit with a K of harts and I got called by AQo. Flop came with and A and 3 harts but turn and river didn't improve my hand.

For this reason, and because it dissapointed me hundreds of times before, KJ becomes oficially my unlucky hand in sngs.

Current bankroll: 36.66$ :spade:
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Today went pretty smooth so far.

I've played 2 sng's a a friends place to teach him about the game. I got a second place, and a 7th place, witch brings me 30 cents up.

As I got home after the driving school, I opened 2 more sng's. I played my A game in both of them, so I got afirst place, and a second place (some lucky fish beats my AT with K8 and my top pair top kicker with middle pair witch makes trips on the river).

Although I'll play some more today, I'm currently 5.1$ up, haveing a bankroll of 41.76$. :spade:
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      I've had some unlucky sessions and I was down to about 30$ at most, but fortunately I managed to get back on top this evening.

I've been trying to play a tight-aggresive game as discribed in Sit and Go strategy by Moshman, but it didn't go well. I'm not saying the book is bad, cause I have a friend who plays as discirbed in that book and it works good for him, but that style just doesn't fit me.

My best game is post-flop so I switched to a LAG game.

I could have had about 39$ but my AQs got beated by K7 in the last sng, so I only got the second place. Board cards wore: 2 7 Q 4 K. I stared at that river for like 2 minutes lol.

At the end of the day, the best part is that I discovered that the loose style is THE style, for me at least, and I managed to recover some of the money I lost in the morning.

Current bankroll: 36.7$ :spade:
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      cool name.

GL with teh grind.

are you guys friends IRL?
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wuttehhell
      I've been trying to play a tight-aggresive game as discribed in Sit and Go strategy by Moshman, but it didn't go well.
      Good luck, wuttehhell...

Btw, when I was playing the $2 SNGs, reading the Moshman book had such a negative affect on my game, I can't even describe it... I had my biggest downswing ever, until I adjusted back to how I used to play. I don't think the moves in his book are applicable for the $1 and $2 SNGs, his strategy is definitely great, but for limits of 6.50$+ ... Moshman assumes that you're up against thinking players, that have some knowledge of ICM, bubble factor, etc, so he recommends loosening up on the bubble... But in my experience on the $1 and $2 you should keep playing somewhat tight on the bubble, until you get into the money, as most of the players have no clue at all what they are doing and the fold equity is amazingly low...

Just my thoughts...
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      I made it to 38$ in the morning, but I had a bad evening an I was down to about 28$ at most.

Fortunately, things got back on track at least partialy and I managed to win back 7.5$, witch brings me to 35.65$.

I've played a game with 'aceontheriver', and he's like wow. I raised to 3BB from UTG, he was UTG+1, calls, and asks me on messenger: "have you got AQ fish? :P ".. witch I had lol ... He made some really nice reads.. and he actually folded 3 aces against my full house. I really think you should raise the stakes paw, you're too good for 11$ heads ups.

The type of game I play now and works for me is loose-agresive in the lowblinds, then I tighten up a lot in the bubble, I still play tight in the last 3 and I go crazy in the final 2, beting and raising :D

I got to go to sleep now cause I have school in about 6 hours.

All the best.

Current bankroll: 35.65$ :spade:
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Alright this has been a strange day.

I started playing 6 tables at a time. At one table, I raise 3BB on aces, the player next to me min-raises, another player goes all in and we both call. They had KK and 44. The king comes on the river witch makes me scream but I just open another table and continue playing.

I make it to the last 4-5 players at 5 of the tables, high blinds, when *POW*... I lose electricity. In the rush of the moment (because I didn't want to be 8.4$ down) I immideately call a friend that's into poker to to log in and play for me. Fortunately, electricity is back up in 1 minute, so I played them myself. I didn't lose too much from blinds either. I get knocked out at 2 of the tables, but I manage to get two first places, and a second place.

It should have been 3 first places, but my opponent managed to win 4 all ins in a row even though I had him dominated at all of them.. like A7 vs A6, AT vs A2 or JQ vs QT.

I'm still about 3$ up for today tought.

Current bankroll: 38.5$ :spade:
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      sup?
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Just had my worst session so far.

I tryed to multi talbe 8 at a time... but I oppened 10 tables by mistake, 2 of which wore not hold em. All my hands got creacked by shit like K3 or J6, and I'd lose against all pocket pairs like 33 or 55, even when I had a higher pocker pair. I lost from 45$ down to 32$, and it's more then enough for today.

I'm not happy with my luck at all, but I'm not happy with my game either.

Now I will spend more time on forums reading how others mannaged to beat those fucking games and I will only play 2 tables at one time when I will play again, this until I'm happy with the way I play.

Fuck! :spade:
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Seems like an interesting blog ^^ when you inrease the amount of tables you play on though do it gradually don't jump from 2 to 8 for example. Although i suggest playing 1-4 tables like im doing when your still trying improve your play alot. And you can have some good reads when you can see all the tables completely on the screen :P

Goodluck with poker :f_grin:
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Me now silver is on PS! :D

Although it's 1 week now since I started, my bankroll in only 42$.

I lost some money at 1.2$ sngs, but I won big at 2.2 sng HU.
      I'll have to wait though until I can move to HU cause I'm not bankrolled for that atm.

My plan now is to read the silver strategy articles on PS, read other blogs on sngs and analyse the hands on which I won or lost big in the sngs I've played so far, to improve my game.

I installed Poker Tracker 3 and I'm looking for a good canfiguration for it for SNGs. I'll have to devote some time to learning to use it this weekend.

Looking forward for a bankroll of at least 175$ till summer holliday.

And one more thing.. I'll only post once every few days from now on, cause I have like 10 posts and my bankroll is only 6$ up lol. :spade:
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Okey this is funny!

Final 3 players, I have top pair(king) decent kicker but there are 3 clubs on the flop. 1 player bets 666 chips, and I go all in. He shows middle pair with an ace of clubs. Unfortunately, Satan helps him to catch his flush on the river.

Second funny sng, one just gets eliminated and I'm in the final two. People like to end heads ups fast so I go all in on my AK, knowing he will call looser then normal. He calles on A9, and the flop si 89T and it holds. Having only 1k chips left, I go all in on the second hand on kings, and he calls me on aces, which hold. That's what I call a lucky player. There was absolutely no chance for me to win that heads up, except for folding AK and KK.

I only played 8 sngs today, but I made a profit of about 4-5$.

Current bankroll: 45.56$ :spade:
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Great boost to my bankroll today! :D

Seeing I've won about 15 out of 18 2.2 HU SNGs, 'aceontheriver' adviced me to play 5.25$ HU SNG. He said he would stack for them if I needed.

I tryed them out, and I won 8.5$ in the first 6 HU played. If it wasn't for a bad beat in the last HU, I would have been 18$ up instead of 8$.

The next day (today) I tryed some more 5$ HU, but it didn't go that well... a few bad beats, I had to close 2 of them before finishing cause I had to leave home... I was down pretty much in the evening at about 25$. (only 6 buyins if you think about it, but a lot in report to my bankroll).

Then I tryed a 4 ppl SNG HU, I won both the rounds and won 20$.

After this succes, I decided to try a 32 man HU. After all, I only needed to win 2 matches to make it in the money.

First 2 matches wore easy, third was the hardest as it was mostly push or fold, the 4th game gave me some emotions but it worked well after all. Last heads up, after a few hands I get aces. I limp, hopeing to induce a bluff. He raises to 3XBB and I reraise to 3X his bet. He then shoves on ATs and I proudly show my aces and start screaming: "HOLD! HOOOLD!!!". Fortunately, they did hold, and I won 56$.

Oh, did I forgot to tell you that as soon as the last heads up started I lost internet connection? It was back on in 1 min but it still made me sweat a little :P

Pretty happy overall, but I hope I'll have a better day tomaraw.

Current bankroll: 78$
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Here is a hand I played in a 5.25$ SNG HU.
      I'd like you to discuss it and I'll post the results of the hand after I get some feedback.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.25 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t1470)
      BB (t1530)

Hero's M: 49.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 8
      Hero bets t60, BB calls t40

Flop: (t120) 5, 7, 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets t60, BB raises to t120, Hero calls t60

Turn: (t360) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets t1350 (All-In), Hero calls t1290 (All-In)

River: (t2940) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2940

At the moment I'm reading Moshman's book on HU, and I'm also looking for a coach to whom I will give part of my profits, with the condition that he teaches me everything he knows and he can beat at least the low stakes.

If any of you is good enough at HU and wants to coach me, don't hesitate to contect me.
    • Them
      Them
      Bronze
      If you want quality advice for "cheap", I quess you should visit husng.com. Since I doubt any quality coach wants to coach for cheap.

There are also few gold HU videos on pokerstrategy. They also can help you to get ideas how to play against different types of opponents.

And about the hand you showed on the last post....It looks terible. There are lots of ways to go with the hand, but you seemed to choose the worst options.

- checking the flop wouldnt be bad
      - half pot raise, is a bit meh....you get calls with any pair, any draw, any overcards
      - as played, turn you should just give up. Villain probly had 9 or a straight and even if he had somekind of draw, the risk of being way behind is too much to make such a call.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Nice blog and amusing name dude. you and "hahaownedlolz" have the two best usernames imo, cause its just like wat "durrrrr" said the idea behind his name was.. to induce tilt in ur opponents.
      Keep up the good work and good luck at the tables, but WATCH UR BANKROLL MANAGEMENT! You seem like a good player who we all want to see stick around for a long time, not hit one losing streak and go bust :s_o:

Best of luck,
      Ged