This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 AK 3B calldown IP

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      i decided to shove on the flop because i dont want to get faced with an all in bet when unimproved on the turn.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $27.61
      SB:
      $21.62
      BB:
      $47.42
      MP2:
      $32.55
      MP3 (Hero):
      $25.25
      CO:
      $27.08

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 2 folds, SB raises to $2.80, BB folds, Hero calls $1.95.

Flop: ($5.85) 9, J, Q (2 players)
      SB bets $5.85, Hero raises to $22.45(All-In), SB calls $12.97.

Turn: ($47.12) K (2 players)

River: ($47.12) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $47.12.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I don´t like how you played
      AK is a much better just to 4-bet pf and get all-in than shove over that kind of board that likely hit you opponent
      if you don´t think he has there much then just call flop and check it down or take stab on the turn/river
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I don´t like how you played
      AK is a much better just to 4-bet pf and get all-in than shove over that kind of board that likely hit you opponent
      if you don´t think he has there much then just call flop and check it down or take stab on the turn/river
      hi thanks for your evaluation, 4bet/shove with AK? i haven't been doing that for a very long time against full stacks, as my experience with AK is that i run into AA or KK whenver they go allin preflop. is this the line we should adopt in late vs blinds regardless of stacksizes? we wont apply this line to a UTG openraise right?
      thanks

Results follow:

SB shows a straight, ace high(T T).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A K).

SB wins with a straight, ace high(T T).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      4-bet7calling shove with AK- it usually depends the aggression on the games. If blind 3-bet you a lot then you can 4-bet also lighter which means they can´t really 3-bet fold any more TT/JJ or maybe even AQ which means they are either going to call or start shoving worse hands
      But if blinds are nits, like 5/5 then 4-betting with AK has no positive effect , since you indeed face too many times AA/KK
      I think it depends who raises UTG, if player is loose then I don´t really see why we can´t play there for stacks