[NL20-NL50] NL25 AK 3B calldown IP

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      i decided to shove on the flop because i dont want to get faced with an all in bet when unimproved on the turn.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $27.61
      SB:
      $21.62
      BB:
      $47.42
      MP2:
      $32.55
      MP3 (Hero):
      $25.25
      CO:
      $27.08

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 2 folds, SB raises to $2.80, BB folds, Hero calls $1.95.

Flop: ($5.85) 9, J, Q (2 players)
      SB bets $5.85, Hero raises to $22.45(All-In), SB calls $12.97.

Turn: ($47.12) K (2 players)

River: ($47.12) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $47.12.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I don´t like how you played
      AK is a much better just to 4-bet pf and get all-in than shove over that kind of board that likely hit you opponent
      if you don´t think he has there much then just call flop and check it down or take stab on the turn/river
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I don´t like how you played
      AK is a much better just to 4-bet pf and get all-in than shove over that kind of board that likely hit you opponent
      if you don´t think he has there much then just call flop and check it down or take stab on the turn/river
      hi thanks for your evaluation, 4bet/shove with AK? i haven't been doing that for a very long time against full stacks, as my experience with AK is that i run into AA or KK whenver they go allin preflop. is this the line we should adopt in late vs blinds regardless of stacksizes? we wont apply this line to a UTG openraise right?
      thanks

Results follow:

SB shows a straight, ace high(T T).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A K).

SB wins with a straight, ace high(T T).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      4-bet7calling shove with AK- it usually depends the aggression on the games. If blind 3-bet you a lot then you can 4-bet also lighter which means they can´t really 3-bet fold any more TT/JJ or maybe even AQ which means they are either going to call or start shoving worse hands
      But if blinds are nits, like 5/5 then 4-betting with AK has no positive effect , since you indeed face too many times AA/KK
      I think it depends who raises UTG, if player is loose then I don´t really see why we can´t play there for stacks