Does PartyPoker allow Datamining

• 9 replies
    • Katu1900
      Katu1900
      Bronze
      Yeah i have this question too.Does party poker allows datamining?
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      it doesn't prohibit it, and doesn't disallow use of FreePHG, the program used for mining, so feel free to mine:)
    • Katu1900
      Katu1900
      Bronze
      Are you really sure DY, because...

Examples of practices PartyGaming deems to be unfair (please note, this list is not exhaustive but simply illustrative of the types of practice PartyGaming will always consider unfair):

(...)

Extracting Player Profiles:
      Certain companies offer for sale programs specifically created to extract player profiles and then sell them in the form of enormous player databases with the promise that anyone who purchases these programs can use this information to their advantage against other players—invisibly gathering information about you and then selling it to others to use when they play against you online. These programs are based on Player hand histories and they typically use the following methods: screen-scraping, reading “Dealer Chat,” and by accessing hand histories directly from individual Player’s computers using the program.

Thats whats written on party poker site.
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      Do some forum search here and u're gonna see discussion here of Party datanining (my phrasing suxxx:) ). The same is true about 2+2. People offer Party bases for sale and moderators don't mind, And when somebody asks the same question about Stars and Full Tilt, mods immediately close those threads.
      I remember reading an email from Party support, it literraly said that it was prohibited, but that at the same time allowed. its just the case when the Last is not the Least:)

Check this out: (on 2+2 there are Party representatives and they obviously don't mind)

And this, the last thread in rules

I think the fact they allow screenname change every 6 months explains why: u can easily become a noob again and all ur stats will dissappear.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi,

thank you Katu1900 for your answer. Your excerpt is about programs, which use a shared database. I have forwarded your questions about dataming to our relevant department and as soon as I get an answer I will come back to this thread.

Hannes
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      So one update:

We got an answer and it is not allowed to datamine on PartyPoker.
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      Then why don't they add FreePHG to the list of banned progs? Which other function does this program have?

IMHO the Party Lawyers are FOS
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Afaik some betscript tools are using FreePHG as well. So you would also ban this tools.
    • devinmorris
      devinmorris
      Basic
      We got an answer and it is not allowed to datamine on PartyPoker

Can you still buy hands from sites like handhq.com?