why play stars?

• 52 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      You would be right.

People say there player VIP system is worth more than like 30% rakeback if you get to super nova elite. But the thing is 99% of players will never be able to get that status.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      You would be right.

People say there player VIP system is worth more than like 30% rakeback if you get to super nova elite. But the thing is 99% of players will never be able to get that status.
      http://www.fpppro.com/pokerstars-rakeback.php

read this and you will not play on any other site ever again :f_cool:
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Funny how your still better of playing at full tilt even if you platinum star on stars ;) 27% v PS's 23.5% 0r 25.6%.

Have i not just proved myself right?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Have i not just proved myself right?
      no ;) because it's not just about rakeback.. if it was, you wouldnt play on FTP either :f_biggrin:
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      What have i over looked then? As a cash game player, i would rather play at Full-Tilt. Beautiful crisp graphics/software, plentty of good games, weekley BR boost by RB, More hands per hour as full tilt runs faster than stars. Thats my argument for playing at FT.

Now tell me what stars can offer a cash game player. What gives stars edge of Full-Tilt?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      it's about personal preferences ;)

I like Stars software MUCH more, games run smoother imo, better traffic, better support etc.

Your preferences are different and thats ok :) but it's not about RB obv ^^
    • BusterSLO
      BusterSLO
      Bronze
      Better players (less grinders)
      Best support
      Best software
      Lower rake at the low micros than FTP
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      For micros u def want to play at FTP. The instant 27% RB is the nuts for beginners. For grinders or mid-level players and upwards stars is def better.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Personally I don't like stars software at all and rarely play there because of that. I happily multitable up to 12 tables on other sites but struggle with more than 2 tables on stars and will never move my roll there.

As Opal99 says - it is all about personal preferance. I know many players who swear by stars and think it is wonderful but its not for me.

I would suggest you check out numerous sites and you will eventually find one where you are happy - good luck with that as I've not managed it yet lol
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      honestly i didnt like stars. when my friend first came over to my house and played on my desktop, i immediately deleted the program and went back to play on titan(not tracked to pokerstrategy). but well, just juse hotkeys now and black theme so much better than its classic look. still prefer ftp though, too bad it max out at 16tables and doesnt provide better rakeback
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      thanks guys these are really helpful answers.

where can i get pokerstars black theme?
    • joehahaha
      joehahaha
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Escobario
      thanks guys these are really helpful answers.

where can i get pokerstars black theme?
      When you are on a table, right click in the middle of it, a menu will pop-up.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Stars has smaller rake than most other sites (like Full Tilt.). For example:

pot is 0.5$. Tilt rakes 0.03$, Stars rake 0$. Pot is 5.5, tilt rakes ~0.30$, stars rake 0.25$.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Ok listen and listen good.

I play on Stars and FTP. I mainly play on Stars though as that is my native room. FTP has improved a lot in the last year or so with a redesigned lobby and other cool features. Obviously rakeback is awesome too. FTP though has really bad graphics, they still use 2D graphics so when tables shrink when multitabling the cards and chips get distorted and the text is so small. I really like how FTP has a stand up feature so you can park next to fish. The widgets are handy but I find them distracting as its hard not to look at your mini cashier whilst playing. FTP is really unstable too and always crashes or doesnt save preferences sometimes.

Stars however is the biggest and best room for a reason. Firstly, they are the innovators that come up with all the cool technology and other rooms just follow. Yes they dont have rakeback, but I am silverstar I am on 50% rakeback because of my FDB, silverstar bonus and stellar rewards. I believe the tables are a lot softer than FTP because its bigger so more traffic so more fish.

For those who think Stars looks ugly, firstly there lobby is beautiful with the black and red theme. As for the tables, the default theme is ugly but the slick theme and the black them is awesome and really compliments the lobby well. There new adn improved note taking system is awesome and will only get better. They have the most tournaments and the biggest ones too.

FTP is like staying at the Hilton, Stars is like staying at the Bellagio.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Ok listen and listen good.

I play on Stars and FTP. I mainly play on Stars though as that is my native room. FTP has improved a lot in the last year or so with a redesigned lobby and other cool features. Obviously rakeback is awesome too. FTP though has really bad graphics, they still use 2D graphics so when tables shrink when multitabling the cards and chips get distorted and the text is so small. I really like how FTP has a stand up feature so you can park next to fish. The widgets are handy but I find them distracting as its hard not to look at your mini cashier whilst playing. FTP is really unstable too and always crashes or doesnt save preferences sometimes.

Stars however is the biggest and best room for a reason. Firstly, they are the innovators that come up with all the cool technology and other rooms just follow. Yes they dont have rakeback, but I am silverstar I am on 50% rakeback because of my FDB, silverstar bonus and stellar rewards. I believe the tables are a lot softer than FTP because its bigger so more traffic so more fish.

For those who think Stars looks ugly, firstly there lobby is beautiful with the black and red theme. As for the tables, the default theme is ugly but the slick theme and the black them is awesome and really compliments the lobby well. There new adn improved note taking system is awesome and will only get better. They have the most tournaments and the biggest ones too.

FTP is like staying at the Hilton, Stars is like staying at the Bellagio.
      ARGH!
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      I played pokerstars, FTP, 888, Partypoker and EverestPOker all using real money.

However, i must say here pokerstars;

1. software much more stable compare any others room.
      2. I dont need a fancy table, pokerstar offer simple n easy to use table.
      3. A lot people playing there, n of course a lot fish, you just need to find where they are playing
      4. Lower fee for minor tournament, some of them have $0 fee!!! Where other room still charging u $0.05 to $0.15 for minor tour.

5. No rake back, but i dont care it so much since, if u are winning more than losing, you will still having ur BIG SMILE.

6. CHECK OUT the battle of the planet SNG, the prize for winning into TOp100 is much more better than rakeback. Buy in $1 lowest, $300 biggest.
      For info, this SNG quite fair to all recretional player, grinder, or anyone.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Justin37
      5. No rake back, but i dont care it so much since, if u are winning more than losing, you will still having ur BIG SMILE.
      Their player rewards program is equivalent to rakeback. Even at the lower levels it's still around 20%.
    • Illicite
      Illicite
      Bronze
      I'm playing on both FTP and pokerstars, and have not setup my account on FT with rakeback, so no rakeback :) ). I have to say that FT is my favourite, not just because of the insane graphics, but because of their lobby which makes searching for games a lot easier compared to stars where you have to tick or untick the types of games you want to see. Oh, and FT has rush poker, another good reason to play on this site.

Cheers!
    • Sh4fted
      Sh4fted
      Bronze
      For the people complaining about graphics and stuff, you can install custom themes for both sites to suit your own taste. if you want to play at stars for the amount of traffic but dont like the graphics, install your own. Simples :f_cool: