Pokerstars vs Full Tilt

• Funkyquartz
      Funkyquartz
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I've been playing online poker for just a few months, at the moment I'm still floating around from poker room to poker rooms trying out different software and seeing the different variations in gameplay etcetc.

I've used the $50 quiz money from here to try out everest poker and although I end up in the money most of the time I just can't help feel that gameplay there is pretty slow - I mean even the turbos seem to take forever and some of the tournaments don't always have many players in them.

(I should also mention here that I only play SnG's)

Now I feel that its time to stop moving from place to place and just stick with 1 poker room. My dilema is this:

No matter how many poker rooms I try I can't help but being drawn back to both Full Tilt and Pokerstars and I'm having a real tough time deciding which one to stick with.

I love the software for both rooms and the traffic is great on both sites too.
      I know some people play at both, and eventually I too plan to do this however first I think i need to improve my game and build my bankroll up a bit first before trying this out.

I'd love to know what you guys think and which site I should go for.
  • 4 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      FTP for early rakeback, when u think you can grind big enough, then move to stars to hit SNE for even greater rakeback.
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      whats SNE?
      and how can u get it on stars?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alberts1955
      whats SNE?
      and how can u get it on stars?
      supernova elite

http://www.fpppro.com
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      Well, IMO that depends on what your purpose is. If your FT account has rakeback (mine doesn't), then on the lower limits it should make a big difference. There are a lot of threads online regarding this, but I'm gonna give my impression on playing both.

I prefer multi-tabling on Stars. I play on a laptop, and reading the screens is easier on Stars. FT gives me a headache to the point I can't play successively, but in sets. At this time I am not playing as much as a couple months ago, but I used to play in Stars around 30-40 regular tourneys in 4 hrs, which has been impossible for me on FT. Also, FT has a limit on the amount of tables (I think it's twelve) and you'd have to ask them for authorization for more tables.

Also, I don't play turbos; sngs in Stars are a little slower, but I actually prefer that. The slower the tourney, the bigger the chance donkeys will make a mistake. However, the level changes are less drastic on Tilt than in Stars, so that depends on your liking.

There are a couple of other things while at the table that may be of interest to you. I prefer that in Stars you can have your own avatar image. Although I don't use any image, it is easier to spot a player while multitabling because of their custom image than on Tilt. Tilt has a couple of other nice things, like you can program the betting slider to increase the bet in small blinds amounts rather than in big blind amounts. So it is easier to put a 2.5bb bet if you want. Also, you have a pot size button, so you can start with a pot size bet and lower or increase it accordingly in sb amounts. They also have a deal option, which I have only used once, as the blinds were huge and it was going to be a crap shoot. We made a deal according to stack sizes. Not used it much, but it is nice that they have it.

Pokerstars customer support is the best I've experienced; there is no doubt about it. They return any communication very fast and efficiently. They even do their best to keep their customers happy. Once I asked them to clarify their chat policy, because a comment one user wrote in the chat box to other. They reviewed the tourney history, and although they couldn't tell that players were colluding because the other player didn't agree, they credited me with the buy-in amount (plus the amount corresponding to the 3rd place I ended in). Very nice...

I also must tell you that I play with the Mac version of both, so couldn't tell if they are exactly the same on Windows.

Both sites have a lot of traffic, but tourneys in Stars fill up faster.

Pokerstars "rakeback" program is through their FPPs. Maybe for the higher level players they have good deals, but in my experience, low limit players can only get a bunch of branded merchandise (really bad quality) from the store. Shirts and caps may look nice on screen, but they are really really crap. Haven't ordered anything from FT's store, so I couldn't tell if their merchandise is as bad. I'd definitely prefer the rakeback. The best deal I have got in Stars is $40 for couple thousands fpp's (I think it was 3500). I hope someday I can get the Cayman.. ;-)

Promotions are not that bad on either site. Both Battle of the Planets on Stars and Madness on Tilt "may" get you a nice bankroll boost. Of course, both sites offer satellites to live tourneys and their own Online Series of Poker (each with their own name) which may or not be of your interest. Couldn't comment on that because I mostly play stt's.