HU stats

• Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Hi, I´ve just started playing some Heads up (both cash game and sng) micro limits.

My question is, should I use stats? Usually I play only 1 table, but sometimes 2..

If you think stats are usefull in HU, what stats should I use with my HUD?

Normally when playing 6-max I only have some basic like VpIP and PFR, WTSD and fold to C-bet, i think I should atleast add 3-bet preflop.

any other stats that might be usefull, most intresting is stats that I don´t need a very big sample size to have use of.

/ Janus
  • 15 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      stats i use:
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by Janusrichmond
      Hi, I´ve just started playing some Heads up (both cash game and sng) micro limits.

My question is, should I use stats? Usually I play only 1 table, but sometimes 2..

If you think stats are usefull in HU, what stats should I use with my HUD?

Normally when playing 6-max I only have some basic like VpIP and PFR, WTSD and fold to C-bet, i think I should atleast add 3-bet preflop.

any other stats that might be usefull, most intresting is stats that I don´t need a very big sample size to have use of.

/ Janus
      you need a big sample to use any stats, it is often miss understood that you need 300+ hands to get a ROUGH idea of vpip and prf.

Unless you plan on playing regs often forget stats
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      ^^That's just wrong
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      ^^That's just wrong
      ^^^^^ That is just wrong
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      ^^NO U!!!!
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      If you think rantionally about it you know that you need more than 300 hands on someone.
      If you think you need less then thats up to you. Do some calculations and you will see I am in fact correct.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      If you think rantionally about it you know that you need more than 300 hands on someone.
      If you think you need less then thats up to you. Do some calculations and you will see I am in fact correct.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      You're a bit off here. In HU play, you dont use the stats like you do in other games (to help you adjust correctly to a player you wouldnt have had a good read on otherwise), you use them to help you remember the gameflow pretty much (especially when playing more than 1 opponent at the same time). Playing without stats, you might have a feel that he's c/raising a lot against you. With stats, you both have that feel *and* can look at his stats to confirm it, and start adjusting.

Personally I don't look often at the stats while playing HU, but sometimes if you're multitabling (which I dont really do playing HU) or whatever it certainly helps, and you sampelsize really doesnt matter much after youve played about 3-4 hands postflop and have already developed a feel for the player ;)
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      stats i use:
      Thanks for that, but can you pleace explain your stats on the second row (what does DBF, FCB etc means?) and maybe also what F3 means.

Thanks again.
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Playing without stats, you might have a feel that he's c/raising a lot against you. With stats, you both have that feel *and* can look at his stats to confirm it, and start adjusting.
      That´s what I was thining aswell, thanks for conferming.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Janusrichmond
      stats i use:
      Thanks for that, but can you pleace explain your stats on the second row (what does DBF, FCB etc means?) and maybe also what F3 means.

Thanks again.
      from top left to right:
      1) Player name(blacked out in this picture)
      2) Hands
      3) VP = VPIP
      4) PFR_SB = preflop raise from SB
      5)VP_BB = VPIP from big blind
      6) 3B = 3bet
      7) F3 = fold to 3bet
      8) AF = aggression factor
      9) CR = check raise
      10) DBF = donk bet flop
      11) FCB = flop cbet
      12) TCB = turn cbet
      13) FvFCB = fold vs flop cbet
      14) FvTCB = fold vs turn cbet
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      your notes>stats
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      you need over 40 million hands on a player before you can even consider using stats for anything
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      you need over 40 million hands on a player before you can even consider using stats for anything
      If you think rantionally about it you know that you need more than 50 million hands on someone.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      40 million + 10 million equals... yea you're correct. i still got some datamining to do then :f_o: