Tournament Ticket and Rakeback

• guanie
      guanie
      Bronze
      Now that using FTPs to buy-in for tournament actually requires you to purchase the tickets through the full tilt store (at a higher FTPs cost than before), does that mean using FTPs for tournaments will now affect my MGR?
  • 10 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      didn't they used to affect mgr as well?
    • guanie
      guanie
      Bronze
      Hmmm.. did they? i read somewhere here in the forum that FTPs used for tournaments doesnt affect the MGR, it only does when u actually buy junks off the Full Tilt Store. Wasnt that the case?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      AFAIK, doesn't spending any points affect rackback?
      I'm sure Bart will know.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      anytime you spend points, you get a rakeback hit. Only Iron Man medals are MGR hit free.
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      as far as i know spending iron man medals for tokens werent affecting rb . is it the same with the tickets as well ?
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      so are there no more $26 tickets?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      step 3 tickets are $26 in value, I believe. But I'm not sure about the range of tourneys that one can spend the step 3 tickets on - whether it's narrower than before?
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by elhh82
      anytime you spend points, you get a rakeback hit. Only Iron Man medals are MGR hit free.
      wrong. spending iron man medals resulted in a MGR hit. cant remember the value per medal, but there is definitely a hit. the only thing you could buy from the iron man store without taking an MGR hit were the $26 and $75 tokens because the rake was included in the tourney buy-in.

it would make sense for the same rationale to apply to the tourney tickets. but who knows.

spending points of any kind results in a MGR hit.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8

spending iron man medals resulted in a MGR hit.
      I always thought spending medals had no impact on MGR, where did u see this?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      Originally posted by wasy8

spending iron man medals resulted in a MGR hit.
      I always thought spending medals had no impact on MGR, where did u see this?
      Official line from Full Tilt is that all medal spends (with the except of tournament tokens) will affect NER and RB. I have however seen some purchases that haven't been deducted though.

Not sure what the impact of the new tokening system is, if someone finds out, please drop me a message or reply to the rakeback FAQ sticky and i will update it.

Many thanks,

Bart