Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,00
      CO:
      $11,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , J:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0,40, BU folds, Hero calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,90) 8:spade: , 9:diamond: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,75, Hero calls $0,75.

Turn: ($2,40) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1,70, Hero calls $1,70.

Preflop I call because I am ahead of his range and if I 3bet he would only call with better hands.

At the flop I got an OESD I call here because he bet big on this flop what means that he have something so I think I have implieds.

The turn same story he is betting again so that means he really have something so if I hit he will pay me off on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with you that villain's range looks kinda strong, probably strong enough to pay off a river bet in a vacuum. However there are considerations that make it unprofitable for us to continue in my opinion, I usually just fold on that turn out of position.

That K isn't really a good card for us, since it's not that likely villain is bluffing on that flop to begin with and him betting that turn overcard also strengthen his range in that spot (you'd expect him to check back a lone Tx on that card for example). He might have as strong as QJ or TT or AdKd in that spot, resulting in not all our outs being good all the time. Sometimes we're drawing for a split, sometimes he'll have the flush if we make the straight with a diamond, sometimes he has some of our outs in his hand.

And even for the outs that are "live", they usually make the board scary enough that villain will check back the river, so that will force us to donk out on the river to get paid, hoping he doesn't have the will power to fold a top pair when a 1-card straight is possible, putting us on busted diamonds or something along those lines.

Hope it helps.