Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11,80
      Hero:
      $15,75

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:spade: , T:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BU folds, SB raises to $0,50, BB folds, Hero calls $0,20.

Flop: ($1,10) 2:heart: , 3:diamond: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1,10) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero ?
      Final Pot: $2,50

Preflop I call his minraise. At the flop I check behind because worser fold and better call, except a FD.

At the turn I didn't know what to do bet to protect for a flush or check for showdownvalue.

At the turn I was
  • 3 replies
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I'm definetely betting that turn... If he had flush draw he'd most likely bet on the flop or a Q... Bet and fold to big raise unlikely but still min raising guys tend to have AA KK usually @ NL10... I guess I'm bet folding the river too.
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      hi!
      check behind on flop is more of a defensive line, thus if he bets turn, even a small bet shows strength. so this would be a good line to test if he's tryin to trap.
      I'd go for bet/fold turn in this case. even tho 83 over 35 hands is almost always enjoyable, he also tries to trap / slowplay monsters and don't like way ahead / way behind against this player
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depending on just how often he does that min3bet crap I might just throw a 4-bet at him and hope he's as crazy as he looks to be. Calling is certainly fine.

I like the flop check back in case he's going for the check/raise, we won't confidently get 3 streets of value from worse hands anyway.

As played on the turn since he still didn't bet I'll usually make a 3/5ish pot valuebet unless he's completely erratic and might check/raise turn jam river with a wide range, which is bad for us considering it's possible he takes that line with premiums that beat us too and it's tough to feel good calling him down. If you think he'd have bet better hands by the turn, then bet the turn for value and call his bluff range down.

Hope it helps.