denied $50 starting capital to my girlfriend and MoM.... EmberrASSing....

• AdamLaw33
      AdamLaw33
      Bronze
      Hi there. I referred my friend Tammy and helped her sign up.. she had to give her id and she reluctantly did and then she was asked if she could be called and she asked why first.. then she was denied her starting capital.. she was peeved.. i also referred my mom and ofcourse helped her sign up.. she had to give up her id and the she was denied her starting capital. I got to say i was somewhat emberrassed especially after wowing her with my poker knowledge in the quiz.
      Is there any changing ur minds? Please, if not for them for me.......
  • 20 replies
    • OMGITSPONTUS
      OMGITSPONTUS
      Bronze
      Since no one has answered i can answer and try to help ;)

Hi AdamLaw33 & welcome your girlfriend and mom to the community.

Sorry to hear that your girlfriend and mom haven't received the starting capital, but do please bear with the support team.

It does take a few days for them to check & verify your ID documents and to arrange for the allocation of your starting capital or to contact you if further details are required.

Keep an eye on your emails (including any spam filter/folder just in case), the support team will be in touch with you shortly.

Best regards,

Pontus
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Platinum
      you can split yours and get 17$ each, how about that
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear that both your mother's and gf's applications were refused, however the support team do not refuse entry very often and never without good reason.

They (your mum & gf) can of course contact support and see if they will enlighten them on the reason why, however please bear in mind that PokerStrategy are not obliged to do so and will not if it meant disclosing one of the security aspects that it employs.

Whilst they have been refused the free starting capital, they could of course deposit a little of their own funds to get a bankroll started, or maybe try to cash a few freerolls.

Best regards & good luck,

Bart
    • riotinri
      riotinri
      Bronze
      how did your mother pass the quiz?? :f_confused:
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      ihufa you are the man :D
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      they sometimes do misktakes like this, but I'm pretty sure you used your mothers and your gf's identity to make 2 more accounts for yourself.

shame on you boy! :spade:
    • webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      same problem here, my 8 wives, 12 cousins and mother and father had their starting capital requests denied too... and theyre all huuuuge poker players :rolleyes:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I also had a friend who apparently received no further info after passing the quiz. Problem is, he doesn't care enough to write a support ticket. What can you do? It's nice trying to refer people, but you can't force them to be motivated. If someone was truly motivated to play they'd do it with or without pokerstrategy.

I received my own $50 with no checks and no hassle.

w34z3l
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      hes obviously been caught trying to scam a couple more $50 and got his fingers caught in the till, always worth a try tho imo lol
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      Isn`t it denied to receive several starting capitals at the same household?
    • Stratige
      Stratige
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AdamLaw33
      Hi there. I referred my friend Tammy and helped her sign up.. she had to give her id and she reluctantly did and then she was asked if she could be called and she asked why first.. then she was denied her starting capital.. she was peeved.. i also referred my mom and ofcourse helped her sign up.. she had to give up her id and the she was denied her starting capital. I got to say i was somewhat emberrassed especially after wowing her with my poker knowledge in the quiz.
      Is there any changing ur minds? Please, if not for them for me.......
      LOL MULTIPLEACCOUNTAMENTS
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bubalus
      yeah i think i read that sumwere two, i think i have had 4 lots of starting capitol so i know you can get more, 4 lots you ask? yeah i gambled it all away im ashamed to say
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      yeah i think i read that sumwere two, i think i have had 4 lots of starting capitol so i know you can get more, 4 lots you ask? yeah i gambled it all away im ashamed to say
      4 from multiple accounts you mean?
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      4 from multiple accounts you mean?
      no it was all above board, i think ps mailed me saying i could have new starting capitol on another site then i think i asked if i could have another 50 on a different site and i could
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      People are not motivated enough to take the time and read and get things together, I referred 48 members, only around 6 passed the quiz and a total of 3 got their starting capital but they all want to play but they don't want to spend 5 minutes passing the quiz
    • gapsper
      gapsper
      Bronze

i referred my brother and he received his starting capital without id check

didn't knew it's denied ?(
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by strosdegoz
      People are not motivated enough to take the time and read and get things together, I referred 48 members, only around 6 passed the quiz and a total of 3 got their starting capital but they all want to play but they don't want to spend 5 minutes passing the quiz

People who don't even want to spend 5 minutes of their time reading those articles and doing the quiz aren't exactly the type of people you want to give $50 to play poker to..
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      my friend failed the first time i told him id help him the next but he said nobody fails me and crossed off it. There goes my TaF (yes i only have one lol)
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Well, that's generally not a helpful attitude for poker ;) Maybe you can convince him that a bit of patience is the key here?