Heads-up guides?

• Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      Am I being blind or are there no articles that really detail how to play heads-up poker? If there are could someone link me to them? If not could I suggest that some were written, or is it a bit too much of a niche?
  • 2 replies
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      There are articles on heads up play in the big stack strategy section. Unfortunately for you they are only available once you achieve silver status.

Suggest you stay away from heads up if you are just starting out with poker, at least until you can show a good winrate for fullring, then shorthanded over a good sample size. By this time you will be at least silver and will have access to the articles. Heads up play is high variance, and if your playing with your PS bankroll you could easily lose it very quickly.

However, if you are confident that you are a winning player (or you just want to ignore my advice) then open a moneybookers account through pokerstrategy, and you will receive 100 strategy points and silver status.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey Hopey,

here's the articles Renmerb was talking about :

Introduction to Heads-up
      HU - Preflop Play
      HU - Flop Play
      HU - Turn & River

And it's also true that the full articles are available from Silver status upwards, which is your next status to achieve. You will need 100 SP gathered in a 4 weeks interval in order to become a Silver member.

Additionally, a lot of other articles such on Blind battles will help you in Heads-up.

Best regards,
      Lutz