building bankroll

• McTom1420

I've been playing poker for few years now just as a hobby with friends.
      Every time I would go play online I would win for a while and then lose it all.

Obviously I wasn't following any bankroll management rules etc.

Recently I used the 50 dollar seed money at pacific poker and am challenging myself to grow it gradually.

Can anyone help me with some basic rules and tips how to manage and grow this bankroll?

I have been playing 4 tables on the 3/6c limits and by playing really tight and focusing my roll is up to 120 dollars. i got there in about 1,5 months playing 2-3 nights per week.

Im happy with the percentage growth but not sure what would be the optimum way to increase it.

some people suggest SNG's to play?

if i have 4 tables (3/6c) and 6 dollars per table am i risking too much money?

any advice how should i draw up a schedule to make some targets.

I heard Jesus Ferguson turned 1 dollar into 20K and later the same from a freerolls.

thats my dream :)
  • 5 replies
    • Atlihardar
      I'd suggest $3 sngs if possible /$2 maybe and maybe try to up your multitableing abit so you can play alot of them

Not that hard to make a bankroll

I made 4,200 FTP into 16,000 FTP and then 16,000 FTP into $50 T dollars

and those $50 T dollars were the start of the $4,500 roll i have now :) hoping to reach $10k by end of '10
    • ironmask92
      I would suggest $2 SNG for now, your Bankroll is a bit short for playing $3 SNG (you need $150 for $3 SNG)
    • McTom1420
      thanks for the replies.

i'm on 185USD now and slowly grinding my way.

how does the bankroll management rule apply for multitabling?

eg. if my roll is 100

i should play 1 table for 5usd max buy in? 2,5c/5c table?
      can i multitable those or after 1 table my roll is only 95 means i can only buy in for 4,5 usd?

any advice?
    • bradomurder
      its more a question of how comfortable you are dropping stakes on a downswing

in general i think most people agree that money at tables can be included in your bankroll. you usually wont be playing so close to your buy in limit that it will make a difference anyway unless your playing more tables.

when playing sitngos your bankroll includes half of the buy in to the tournaments you are in.

when your plaing deepstack cash tables always buyin for 100bb

change the blindlevel when you move up/down the limits rather than your buy in amount at a given limit
    • McTom1420
      thanks brado.

i'm with you on the question of dropping down levels during downswing.

i think it would be quite rough to go back to lower limit which in my case is the lowest 1/2c.

i think i'm gonna keep that in mind and keep playing the 3/6c conservatively....grinding....