UTG+1 Verbim ($1.76)
      MP1 LuckyBoyMK ($2)
      MP2 Ingward ($1.35)
      CO VIKKINIK ($3.77)
      BTN Arrohinton ($2.99)
      SB Maiki 7 ($2.05)
      BB Hero ($2.06)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is BB 2 2
      2 folds, LuckyBoyMK raises to $0.08, 1 fold, VIKKINIK calls $0.08, 1 fold, Maiki 7 calls $0.07, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: J 3 2 ($0.32, 4 players)
      Maiki 7 checks, Hero checks, LuckyBoyMK bets $0.20, 1 fold, Maiki 7 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: 9 ($0.72, 2 players)
      Hero checks, LuckyBoyMK bets $0.50, Hero goes all-in $1.78, LuckyBoyMK goes all-in $1.22

River: 3 ($4.22, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $4.22

Villain: VPIP- 18 PFR- 18 C-bet- 100

First time I've managed to make a set on the flop in absolutely ages, may have affectected my play a bit.

Anything I could/should have done differently?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

It's fine when in doubt. Raising the flop is fine too and will be better against some players but deciding correctly between the two requires more information on villain.

Can he ever c-bet air into 3 players there, and if he does will he fire again on the turn sometimes? If he never bets air or will shutdown anyway if we just call it doesn't really help us to let him see a turn, except for the few times he will improve to a top pair on the turn. If he does bet air and continues to barrel with it, then it's better to let him to so.

If he has Jx/QQ+ can he find a fold if we raise that dry flop or not? If there is a chance he puts us on a set and folds to the check/raise or calls the check/raise and fold the turn with those hands, maybe we're better off letting him commit himself a bit more by betting the turn on his own before forcing action on him.

Which leads us to another question, if we check/call the flop, will he check back the turn in position for pot control with those top pairs / overpairs? If he does it prevents us from getting all the money in out of position, which is bad, so we should raise the flop instead.

Hope it helps.