Rush poker strategy

• Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Just wondering if anyone has some helpful advice for me before i advance to 50nl Rush. Ive played normal 50nl for a bit (40k) but im not sure which strategy is the optimal to use for Rush. I use stats, and tend to play extremely loose on the BU and SB.

EP for 6max, i tend to use A10s + 22+ KQs +
      MP A8s + K10s+ QJs +

Atm i cant view any of the videos of rush on this site, as im at Full Tilt and not pokerstars.

If anyone has any advice about my current strategy and how to adapt it to make it a winning style then i would be very greatful indeed. :)
  • 6 replies
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      For starters i'd advise to play like in a either super tight or super loose field.

I've been doing some samples on NL5. 200k hands should do some serious stuff.

Be ready to flip a lot of underpairs sucking on your overs. I mean, a lot.
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      i must be on a good run atm.... Up like 5 stacks on 50nl in 2days, ill c how it goes then re-evaluate. Which would you say is more profitable nathan? Rush or normal
    • Burgeo29
      Burgeo29
      Bronze
      Hi lads first post on here. Ive been playing rush for a month or so now but finding it more difficult to make a profit than the normal ring games.

Certainly playing super tight has been the best way to go for me.

Good Luck :f_thumbsup:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Burgeo29
      Conversely I find open-raising ATC from the cut-off and button to be one of my most profitable moves. The play on the micro stakes Rush games is so insanely tight-passive that selective aggressive works best for me.
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by Burgeo29
      Conversely I find open-raising ATC from the cut-off and button to be one of my most profitable moves. The play on the micro stakes Rush games is so insanely tight-passive that selective aggressive works best for me.
      Same, Burg what limit Rush you play mate? Playing like 25-20 imo is the best tactic but i needed some confermation. :)
    • Burgeo29
      Burgeo29
      Bronze
      I was mainly playing 25NL but have given rush a rest now and back to the trusty SNGs.

I wouldnt take my advice though mate, me and rush didn't get on to well X(