[NL2-NL10] NL25 SH BSS JJ against shortstack all-in & call

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:club: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1,00, MP3 raises to $6,22 (All-In), 2 folds, SB calls $6,12, 2 folds.

Flop: ($13,69) 3:club: , 2:diamond: , 6:heart:
      Turn: ($13,69) 7:club:
      River: ($13,69) K:heart:

Final Pot: $13,69

don't know really what should I do here. I mean, if I call and there's overcard on flop I really have no idea where I'm at and the pot is really big. If I raise all-in preflop here, it might be that I don't have the best hand here or it's a coinflip, so can I fold it or is it too weak? with QQ I guess I could move all-in preflop? how about AK?

edit* don't know why the stacks didn't show up but SB had my stack covered here.
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I would think that the short stack has something, if he is a true short stack. He reraises you all-in, which means QQ+, AK, AKs. With SB willing to commit as well, JJ starts to look pretty sick in my opinion. Nice fold.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      actually on this limit SH shortstacks are really really bad. like this one who went all-in with 33. I probably would've called it if SB didn't do it. Shortstack / midstacks pretty much always limp/calls with AA/KK/AK, atleast from what I've seen.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi degnic!

I think that you are up against an overpair or AK, AQ in most cases which means that in the best case you have a coinflip. The small stack even might have a worse hand but SB flat called the all-in knowing that you raised and are still in the hand. That shows a lot of strength imo. Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81