representing sets (FR)

• fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      What do u think of this line (>NL50 FR)
      Call with mediocre hands against regs
      Drawy flops
      check/raising having completly missed. this makes your range look like a set and most fr regs will fold everything but a set or a strong draw
      Dry flops
      check/call
      turn
      check/raise again regs will call sooo tight that it is probally profitable
      This is especially profitable in rush poker b/c regs dont realize that u r capable of this line.
  • 2 replies
    • Effanongen
      Effanongen
      Bronze
      You could try it, you would probably win some and lose some. I'd say most players are capable of the play, but they won't do it often enough. He might also think you're trying to push him off his hand with a strong draw or a weaker overpair. I try not to let go off aces too easily if there are other very likely hands that don't beat me around. I sometimes might bet the flop and check back the turn to eliminate the possibility of that play and destroying his impled odds against me, depending on my position. I'm not a fan of overplaying aces unless it's in a reraised pot in which he will be making a big mistake to call to hit his set.
    • Effanongen
      Effanongen
      Bronze
      Another note, if you play Bet / Check / Bet with aces, the donkdar will usually pick up strong AK signals and call with a weak pocket pair.