Always complete SB in MTT/SNG

• bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'd like to hear your thoughts on, whenever there are players already limping in the hand, you complete the SB, no matter how bad your hand or how short your stack. If you have a monster or would like to squeeze, sure, raise /push it up.

BUT... if you are going to fold, then I think it is best to complete, Even with complete trash, the small chance that you flop a monster is worth the implied odds - 75% of the times you hit, you are getting all your chips in.
  • 12 replies
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i was completing it before but now i started to fold or raise...
      i think completing is fishy...i would get away from many trashy hands even if there are limpers before...
      even hands like K6o i just insta fold with limpers.....if button limps i might complete wider but i general i would fold it a lot...
      when i used to call then it used to get me in a lot of bad spots which wud usually cost me too much
      the "good" odds are overrated
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      I agree. I always do it if there is at least one limper (depending on the blinds, and if it's not a DoN). I floped some monsters and doubled out many times, and if you don't hit it's an easy check/fold
    • antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      very situation dependent imo. If I'm on the buble with 4 - 6 BB left, I would not complete at all. Otherwise, if still well - stacked, I might if there are a few limpers. Remember, to complete you need to pay 0,5 bb, and they add up later on.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I don't like it, you will always lose money in the SB why lose double of it just because you want to flop good hands where it will be still hard to get decent value on a limped pot OOP?
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Because when you eventually do hit a monster, you will get paid off very well most of the time (usually all in)
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      And like ste said, its an easy check/fold if you don't hit, so no tricky situations
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      completing with any two cards in the sb is a massive leak.

Maybe and i mean maybe you can get away with it in the $1-$2 games but any higher you are bleeding chips at an alarming rate.

If you dont believe me play 1000 sng's completing 100% then set up hem to filter when you completed and you will see it will be -$
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I think it is profitable to complete some hands like suited connectors, suited gappers. things that can flop a lot of equity.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac

Maybe and i mean maybe you can get away with it in the $1-$2 games but any higher you are bleeding chips at an alarming rate.

If you dont believe me play 1000 sng's completing 100% then set up hem to filter when you completed and you will see it will be -$

this is what i think but i didnt use stats to figure it out...
      i probably should but never really used software
      but the first time i made it to a final table after about 100 tourneys or so i had 2 total maniacs on exactly on my right and on my left for most of my tournament who werent letting me make my fishy SB complete
      i also used to call on the BB a lot cuz of "good odds" -->also really bad move

with these maniacs i learned to fold the small blind and big blind :D

and instantly started "running better" :D
      i have a lot to thank them for :D
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac

In 630 hands, I have -217 BB, but +6370 chips.

When looking at the hands when I lost the most, I see a lot of 2 equal cards (ie. JJ) coming up on turn+river, to negate my 2 pair / give a better full house, or draws that were not completed and aggressive play by me (ie. they may have been badly played by me). Correctly applied, I think it has a lot of potential.
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Positive hands (above 4BB) are 56 (sum = 562BB), negative hands (below 4BB) are 38 (sum = -497BB).
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      wow +6370 chips , really?
      chips won/lost in a 600 hands samplesize at different blind sizes/stacksizes is definetly statistically relevant.

maybe the players at the nano stakes are so horrible that completing atc could become slightly -ev , but it is a massive leak.