$5.09
      BU:
      $2.18
      SB:
      $4.39
      BB:
      $2.16

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) K, 2, 7 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.37) T (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.37) A (2 players)
      MP1 bets $3.04(All-In), Hero calls $3.04.

Final Pot: $7.45.

his stats:

40vpip
      0 pfr
      50 wts
      1.0 af

Any advice?
  • 3 replies
    • Catinthewall
      Catinthewall
      Bronze
      how many hands went into those stats?
      You're behind AK, AT, as well as any set. A passive player likes to slowroll sets, even when OOP.
      You're only ahead of a complete bluff.
      without 20+ hands, even the basic preflop stats are meaningless, if you've only seen five hands, don't assume 40/0 means he's a loose passive player, he could easily be a good player who floated a blinds stealer.
      Despite you hit your hand, this is the exact kind of situation you should fold if your read is cold, but keep an eye on them. Learn what this move means to this player, but don't be the one to pay him if it's how he plays good hands OOP.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      thank you, I realised the mistake I made after I made the call obviously :) but I still wanted to hear other peoples opinions :f_frown:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Catinthewall
      how many hands went into those stats?
      You're behind AK, AT, as well as any set. A passive player likes to slowroll sets, even when OOP.
      You're only ahead of a complete bluff.
      without 20+ hands, even the basic preflop stats are meaningless, if you've only seen five hands, don't assume 40/0 means he's a loose passive player, he could easily be a good player who floated a blinds stealer.
      Despite you hit your hand, this is the exact kind of situation you should fold if your read is cold, but keep an eye on them. Learn what this move means to this player, but don't be the one to pay him if it's how he plays good hands OOP.
      Sounds good.

Overbets are very often nutted hands are microstakes, no matter how much we like to convince ourselves that hero calling is possible. In that situation you can't even give villain AsXs hands that picked up a top pair and are now "valuebetting", since you have the As yourself. More often than not villain whiffed his turn check/shove and he's trying to make up for it.

Hope it helps.