$2.28
      CO:
      $2.51
      BU:
      $6.37
      SB:
      $0.47

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9.
      3 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) J, 7, 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.52) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.21.

River: ($1.63) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.63.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, nines(9 9).
      SB shows a straight, jack high(8 5).

SB wins with a straight, jack high(8 5).

From BSS, once you hit ur treps, should force the all in.
      Is this true?
      Is my play wrong?
  • 3 replies
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      You were overbetting quite a bit. especially on the turn. I wouldn't recommend betting more than the pot, especially as he called behind on both the flop and the turn.

Pre-flop - Good
      Flop - I would have bet around $0.12
      Turn - Although you bet $0.90 you still put him all in, which is what I would do too as he's only got $0.21 in a pot of $0.52

He was just dumb and very lucky. Also you hit a set on the flop, not trips.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      First of all, well done on having the motivation on being your 2nd post and already posting in the hand evaluation. One step closer to improving your game :)

Secondly, nice hand.
      Your flop bet and turn is fine. You have the right idea of trying to get your short stack opponents chips allin asap.
      Your turn bet doesnt matter no matter how big it is, just as long as u bet the amount of your opponents chips, we dont want to see another card so nice hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by justkyle88
      First of all, well done on having the motivation on being your 2nd post and already posting in the hand evaluation. One step closer to improving your game :)

Secondly, nice hand.
      Your flop bet and turn is fine. You have the right idea of trying to get your short stack opponents chips allin asap.
      Your turn bet doesnt matter no matter how big it is, just as long as u bet the amount of your opponents chips, we dont want to see another card so nice hand.
      I agree overall, tho I'd tend to even overbet the flop to make shoving the turn easier. The truth is SB is bad and everybody knows it, if he has any piece of that flop (Jx, 9x, any heart..) with his short stack he likely isn't folding whether you make it $0.16 or $0.25. If he check/folds he had nothing.

As for the "get trips and get all the money in" objective it's fine for the most part at microstakes, unless you're on a 4-flushed board people will usually always be willing to pay you off with worse hands than trips and if somehow you're behind you can still boat up.

Hope it helps.