$9.45
      MP2:
      $12.55
      MP3 (Hero):
      $13.15
      CO:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB raises to $1.60, BB folds, Hero calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.3) 3, J, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10.

Turn: ($7.5) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $8.35, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.5.

Zero reads.

1) Flat in position is fine, right? Even with the huge 3-bet.
      2) Should I raise flop? Or is calling enough? It is very dry after all.
      3) Turn presents difficulties as he is repping an overpair. Easy fold?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just fold preflop against an unknown. His 3bet size makes sense and he has more than 100bb, chances are he's also a reg playing a bunch of tables and he is rarely 3-betting something that doesn't destroy AJs SBvsMP. You have around 30% equity right there against a strong 3-betting range, not to mention how tough it is to actually play postflop. Any pair you make might not be good, so you'll just end up either folding the flop right away or calling the flop and folding the turn way too often.

As played flop call is fine. If you raise you're basically saying "i have AJ+, please call me with your overpairs and fold the rest". If you don't want to fold, it's better to call the flop and call any turn.

That said his range for 3-betting preflop should look like QQ+/AK to begin with, not everybody c-bets AK on J93r, and I expect that pretty much no reg will bluff-jam that 2o turn with bare overs at nl10, so I'm also folding when he shoves.

Hope it helps.