[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ(utg2), vs 2 shoves on flop, fr

• TetraQuark
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($2) J, 7, 4 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.40, MP2 calls $1.40, BU raises to $5.05(All-In), SB raises to $10.95(All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $9.05, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($29.85) 8 (3 players)

River: ($29.85) 3 (3 players)

Final Pot: $29.85.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Qd Qc).
      BU shows a pair of jacks(Ac Jd).
      SB shows a flush, king high(5d Kd).

SB wins with a flush, king high(5d Kd).

MP2 is 10/9/1.1 175hands
      BU is 20/11/3.7 87hands
      SB is 47/10/1.1 40hands

I posted I similar hand some time ago only that I had AK and floped TPTK and two fishes went AI and I folded. So that was the first thing which popped into my head. I didn`t give much credit to BU cuz that J on flop just perfectly hit his brodway Jx range and SB was doing that with similar hand as BU or drawing to a flush. My main concerne was MP2, regular nit... And a really tight one. So him slowplaying a set was out of the question cuz he would definitely protect from fd and he was just probably trying to see turn card with his pp and then attack if i would have check turn.

Thanks for your opinions in advance...
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

MP2 is also my main concern, tho I don't believe he'd call that c-bet 5-way with just a random pocket pair, he probably had some draws or a J. I agree he should raise his sets most of the time, but he might still slowplay them sometimes to let the 2 fish behind him continue. Probably won't happen often enough to scare us away from an overpair tho, if we fold and MP2 folds too we lose so much equity against the fish.

I'm also calling it off and hoping for the best, NH.

Hope it helps.