[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ(sb), fr

• TetraQuark
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.40, 5 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.5) 8, J, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, UTG2 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.5) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.20, UTG2 calls $2.60.

River: ($15.3) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $15.3.

Villain is 45/11/2.9

I guess it is normal to go broke against this kind of opponent on that kind of board for half stack. But I was wondering if villain was a TAG with full stack would i play this the same?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

As it is NH, obviously.

Assuming he was some kind of tag and we 3-bet QQ out of position against his UTG range to begin with, mostly he'll have 88+, maybe AK, if he's bad maybe he has 77- too but we won't get any value out of that on the flop, so that's quite the bad board for us overall. If we didn't have the Qh we'd be ahead of pretty much nothing, as it is even tho our draw might not even be good sometimes, we just have to go with it when in doubt.

I personally wouldn't mind starting with a check since i'm not really afraid of much, he will rarely call a c-bet with a worse hand, I'm not really thrilled about getting raised and I think most tags will turn their hand face up by betting or not betting when checked to. Then again I check more than most people in tricky spots, you can likely just c-bet/jam and call it a cooler.

Hope it helps.